S&W Standard Catalogue info request

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

S&W Standard Catalogue info request

Post by Ray Newman »

Colleagues need some help. Does anyone have the S&W Standard Catalogue?

Reason I ask is I have a new in the box unfired with all the paperwork Model 15-4 with 2” barrel.From what I have told based upon serial range, it is a 1977. Thinking about selling it.

Have been told that the 2” barrel is maybe not ”rare,” but is “unusual”—whatever that all means. Some say the 2” barrel M15’s are a “dime a dozen.”

Does the Standard Catalogue have information? Or does anyone here have some insight? Thanks for an information.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: S&W Standard Catalogue info request

Post by Sixgun »

This one Ray? ---006
Last edited by Sixgun on Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Model A Uzi’s
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Sixgun: yes, that's it.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

elmo123
Levergunner 2.0

Post by elmo123 »

My catalog only show the 5" as being rare. The 2" & 4" are common.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

Elmo: thanks for that information.
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Whomever says a 2" Combat Masterpiece are a "dime a dozen" knows little or they are trying to weasel your goods into their pocket...... Colt Pythons are catalogued in 2" with no special premium but how many do you see?

With all books you have to be able to "read between the lines" and no amount of book schooling will give you that. It take real world experience visiting thousands of gunshops and gunshows.

I have a masters, probably a doctorate degree in the "school of hard knocks".----006
Model A Uzi’s
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Strange as it may seem, most are just interested in a firearm that is reasonably accurate and goes bang each and every time.
In fact, the super rare and super expensive are usually avoided because of expense. I daresay that the run of the mill shooter will be just as accurate and reliable as the one that sits in the safe and is worth thousands more than the S&W, Colt, Ruger, etc :idea: truck shooter.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

“Whomever says a 2" Combat Masterpiece are a "dime a dozen" knows little or they are trying to weasel your goods into their pocket...... Colt Pythons are catalogued in 2" with no special premium but how many do you see?”
--SixGun

Six: Appreciate you comment. I think you are right about someone trying to separate it from me without costing him much.
When I saw it at the local Cabela’s gun room 10 + years ago, I purchased as it was not only new in the box/unfired/had all the paperwork, but I outside of the S&W catalogue, it was the only one that I had ever seen. Since then and even before I bought it, I never saw another 2” M15. I asked my former local dealer who I patronized for about 25 years and he said he never stocked or order one for a customer.

“Strange as it may seem, most are just interested in a firearm that is reasonably accurate and goes bang each and every time.
--Blaine

That is true, very true. But there was just something about the “dime a dozen” value that I didn’t feel right about. I am finally learning to listen to my Little Voice….
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.