In Memory Of Terry Murbach On His Birthday

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

In Memory Of Terry Murbach On His Birthday

Post by Blaine »

Gone but never forgotten.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: In Memory Of Terry Murbach On His Birthday

Post by AJMD429 »

I REMEMBER HIM.

NICE GUY.

OPINIONATED AND SET IN HIS WAYS.

CAME ACROSS AS GRUFF BUT ACTUALLY A KIND HEARTED GENTLEMAN.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Hey Doc you sounded just like him in that post... :wink:

I always enjoyed Terry's input he certainly didn't pull his punches.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I got to spend a little time with Terry and his spouse. Fellow shootist who was always willing to share his knowledge. At the Shootists Holiday in 2012, I mentioned that I would like to ride to the Sturgis rally in the Black Hills.

Terry immediately offered for us to stay in his home in Rapid City. I rode up that August with this wonderful redheaded lady and we had more fun visiting with Terry than we did at the bike rally but all of it was a great time.

A good man who would occasionally call out of the blue, just because he was thinking about me. I miss him.

PS. I picked up Terry's 7.5 inch Second Gen SAA in .45 Colt on my recent trip. Its good to have something of his.....just to remind me of him. As I recall, he shot it pretty well from the seated lawn chair position, but I'm going to have to work with it a bit to get it to shoot to the sights for me.
Last edited by Scott Tschirhart on Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

THANKS FOR MAKING OUR WORLD A BETTER PLACE TERRY !!!!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Terry and I first met at The Shootists Holiday in the late 1980's. Over the years we got pretty close. He loved playing the curmudgeon but as has been observed, he really was tender hearted. He was in a terrible accident one winter and I called him in the hospital after he had been out of surgery for a few days. He was busted up pretty good but his spirits were in good shape! He told me how he was driving to work and lost control on a patch of ice. As his heavy truck spun around he found himself going head-on into a car with a family in it. He said he cried out, "Jesus! Don't let me kill this family!" and at the last second his truck flipped sideways and they hit him in the drivers door. He told me, "I am so thankful that they were not seriously injured."

He was a many-faceted man ... western historian ... ballistician ... a follower of Jesus ... a handloader ... rifleman ... pistolero .. set in his ways in some areas and seeking in others. I look forward to seeing him again one of these days. We will catch up on old times!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

The chicken end of the Hunter Silhouette range at the Whittington Center isn't the same without Terry and Judy there.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Terry like My Grandfather had strong opinions and didn't hold back very often. it must have been on the old forum before '08 some nubie was whining that His Wife wanted Him to sell some guns but He didn't know which to keep.......Terrys response was "reach into your pants where your balls used to be".....I shouldn't print the rest but I left a lot of coffee on My keyboard that morning. :lol: . Happy Birthday Terry.!!
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

AmBraCol wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:02 am The chicken end of the Hunter Silhouette range at the Whittington Center isn't the same without Terry and Judy there.
thumbsup.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I MISS TERRY!!!! He was always kind to a newbie punk kid (me) when asked a serious question. AND WOE BE to ya if you asked a question before thinking it through FIRST! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TERRY.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

AmBraCol wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:02 am The chicken end of the Hunter Silhouette range at the Whittington Center isn't the same without Terry and Judy there.
No doubt.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I met him and observed him one time in New Mexico. I believe it was the year he was given an award from the Shootists. I also corresponded with him a bit here and saved the PM's. In real life, he seemed quite kind and gracious, at least to my eyes. On the forum, he was a rascal but I too miss his presence here.
LONG LIVE CAPTAIN ALL CAPS!!!! :D
-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

I never got to meet the man but that didn't keep him from cleaning clocks on my behalf. He and I were both registered at one of what I have come to call the 'bubble gum boards'- TFL, THR and the like. Anyhow an idiot tried to tell me I was doomed to a miserable demise because I admitted carry lead bullet reloads, in revolvers, one of them was a SINGLE ACTION!! I told him not to fret, I'd be OK... well Murbach got wind of it and lit into the idiot like the Tasmanian Devil, We shared a few laughs via personal message afterward, including bets on which one of us would be banned first. I think I won that bet.

I miss Terry. There won't be another one like him.
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Good post Sarge! -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Only knowing him from here, he was a pain in the butt at times, most, and I bet he would like my assessment better tha you all’s. ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Terry had the knowledge that cannot be disputed...therefore he unashamedly stood his ground, and righteously so.

If you didn't like the way he came across, too bad, turn the channel. It's the character trait that built this country....----006
Model A Uzi’s