A little shooting with the .32 WCF and a couple others.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

A little shooting with the .32 WCF and a couple others.

Post by 2ndovc »

Went out to a friend's farm early yesterday and took along the .32-20 and a few others.

Going to have to put a little work into finding the right load for this one. The LFN / Unique load that shoots well in my 92s was all over the target with a few keyholes. Switching to 100 Jacketed SP, was better but still not as good as it should be. Took the 92 along just in case a woodchuck popped up.

Took along a couple of fun shooters as well.
Although this one has been worked over and nickel plated, it's still a matching, British proofed .455 Webley. I bought it because it reminded me of the stuff I used to see at the gun shows as a kid, when there wasn't much interest in these guns.
That big, heavy lead bullet is a lot of fun with steel targets, but just some paper and cans today.

I picked up this 1937 Brazilian Contract .45 ACP, a short time ago for a really good price since it was missing the lanyard ring and original grips. Lanyard ring is on the way, and I'll find the right grips before long.
Always been a big fan of the .45 AR and this one really likes the 185 Hornady JSWC and 4.6 grains of Bullseye.

A beautiful sunny morning with some nice old S&Ws, :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A little shooting with the .32 WCF and a couple others.

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Wonderful!

Nice guns and nice shooting!
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Thanks Scott.

It was a nice way to spend some time before the weather changes. After the crops are harvested, I'll be able to get the long range stuff out again.

jb 8)

Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Thanks!!!!
This made me go out today and shoot mine. I had to load up 50 rounds first. I know, bummer 🤣
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

JB, you have such fine firearms as always. What range were you shooting at in the first target pics that keyholed? Something definitely off. Strange. Great range report though!! -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Jason, now that is the way to spend a beautiful sunny morning! :D 8) :mrgreen:
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

CowboyTutt wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:50 pm JB, you have such fine firearms as always. What range were you shooting at in the first target pics that keyholed? Something definitely off. Strange. Great range report though!! -Tutt
Tutt,
Here's the picture of the target that I shot with the LFN loads. Distance was 20 yds and it's from the same box that I shot through the SRC at 50yds,

I haven't had time to slug the bore yet but that's probably a good place to start. Another factor may be that this particular box of handloads is pretty old, probably going back to the late '90s. I don't shoot my .32-20s as much as I used to. I know I don't have any of those bullets anymore. After I slug the bore, I'll start over with a different bullet.

Thanks again guys!

jb 8)