Fate of Punch bullets

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Fate of Punch bullets

Post by crs »

Tutt said :

These are a suitable replacement for the Kelley Schlep Belt Mountain "Punch Bullets" of years ago. Hoping I still spelled his name right, not sure I did. When these bullets were sold to Mike Rintoul at Grizzly he eventually discontinued them. I am sure they were not cheap to make at that time so could easily understand. They were a lath turned knurled brass shell injected with pure lead, with an extremely small dimple or "hollow point" made into the brass flat nosed cap. These bullets set some records with John Linebaugh in his penetration tests long ago using wet newsprint.

CT,
Those bullets in .458 450 grain configuration did very well in our African bullets tests.

THEY ALSO SHOT THROUGH 5/8 INCH STEEL PLATES IN OUR PRE HUNT TESTS. From an 1886 .45-70. And through ele head on into body with frontal brain shot. Outstanding special purpose bullets.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/