Taking apart a Colt / Burgess carbine

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
cas
Senior Levergunner

Taking apart a Colt / Burgess carbine

Post by cas »

Didn't see it posted already, or I missed it?

Mark Novak figuring out how it comes apart.

https://youtu.be/JFMN2Lrctbk
Slow is just slow.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Re: Taking apart a Colt / Burgess carbine

Post by AJMD429 »

I'd be scared to even attempt that...!
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

That was very interesting. Other than the extreme care used to prevent further damage I didn't really find the design of that rifle overly complicated.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

Very nice! That's quite a rare rifle; fewer than 1000 were made. The catalog weight was only 5 lb with its 20" barrel, and this is the first time I've seen the pieces. Given how thin everything is, I can believe the weight. Good work, Colt. Winchester had to be scared when they got their hands on one. I wish this was the model that Uberti had chosen to reproduce.
Hawkeye2
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Hawkeye2 »

Taylors & Co. has been importing an Italian copy for years but I don't know who makes it. Sweet handling little carbine though I understand it does have some issues.

https://taylorsfirearms.com/long-guns/c ... rifle.html
KWK
Senior Levergunner

Post by KWK »

Those are made by Uberti. They chose the original model, which can be made in both rifle and carbine configuration. The original carbines, on the rifle action, were over 7 lb. After Colt put it on a diet to make the Light Carbine, it ended up near 5 lb.

I, too, have read Uberti has some work to do on them. It may be, though, the originals had some unresolved issues, too.