Ruger Marlin update

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Ruger Marlin update

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Sounds like these will start trickling into the market around Christmas, according to Ruger's CEO. Then the 336, then the Model 1894. They'll be staying with the forged receiver, but will use Ruger's cold hammer-forged barrels.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_AHFat3yqE
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Re: Ruger Marlin update

Post by TraderVic »

Nice update from the Ruger CEO. Anxious to see the new Ruger/Marlin leverguns, especially the 1894 models.
Wouldn'tthat be nice for Ruger to eventually reintroduce a semi auto 44 mag carbine again.
Actually - I'm still kind of waiting for a 357 levergun.
Thanks for the link, Bill.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Sounds like it will be worth the wait.

A .327 Federal Model 94 would be something I would snap up as soon as I could. The hammer forged barrel is a bonus.
Last edited by Scott Tschirhart on Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I also enjoyed that Bill. I'm excited by the hammer forged barrels being used as they are one of the best. Also it seems Ruger has a good "reach out" program for ideas and they look at a "cost/benefit" ratio although he was not going to say it that way :lol: before deciding what to engineer and build. A 2 gun combo with a Marlin and Ruger sixgun from Lipsey's or the Ruger Custom Shop would be a neat idea in the future and they seem to have some interest in the idea. Thanks for posting that. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Once Ruger-Marlin (not sure what to call them yet) gets the levergun models up and running, it would be way cool to see Marlin offer "exclusive runs" again, like they did years ago through Davidson's.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

This was a very good interview, well worth your time to listen.

*Very interesting* they're using Ruger's barrels; the standard there is better than average accuracy as a baseline.

Hearing him talk, he's not some faceless executive reading off the marketing points. (like the remington boys)

When he talks about model names and production, there's no hesitation and he gets all the details right.

So far, seen no one talking about prices yet, but we all know the days of a $300 336 .30-30 are long gone. (sigh)

This is going to be fun to watch.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

TraderVic wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:20 pm Once Ruger-Marlin (not sure what to call them yet) gets the levergun models up and running, it would be way cool to see Marlin offer "exclusive runs" again, like they did years ago through Davidson's.
+1
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Maybe they'll get the bore diameter and twist rate right....
My 77/44 & 96/44 both are 1:20 I believe, and I think the 96/44 slugged at .430; don't know if I ever slugged the 77/44.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

AJMD429 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:59 pm Maybe they'll get the bore diameter and twist rate right....
My 77/44 & 96/44 both are 1:20 I believe, and I think the 96/44 slugged at .430; don't know if I ever slugged the 77/44.
How do you like your 77/44 platform. I looked at the 77/357 closely, but waited too long to snag one before they got too expensive.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

The opening discussion of the Model 60 makes me think they plan to also add it to the Marlin lineup. I wondered if they would, since it competes directly with their 10-22? But I think there are Marlin fans who'd love to be able to buy a Model 60 for their young shooters.
I'd love to see the 39A back, but it's such an expensive design to make that unless Ruger can figure out a way to cut production costs, I can't see how they'd sell many at the price they'd have to put on them?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

TraderVic wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:29 amHow do you like your 77/44 platform. I looked at the 77/357 closely, but waited too long to snag one before they got too expensive.
It is my 'hunt in the rain' gun - all synthetic and stainless, other than I put a New England Custom Gunsight aperture sight on it (that fits the integral Ruger scope base). Rubber non-slip sling. Plenty accurate for whitetail. Almost same length as the 77/22 'All-weather' model. Oddly enough the magazines for the 96/22 and 77/22 are slightly different so not interchangeable.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "