Well, finally bought a Glock

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Well, finally bought a Glock

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Been looking for a 9mm Glock to own for awhile to see what all the fuss is about. Liked the 19 or its size. But a few years ago heard about the Model 26. Since like I biking and hiking away from it all i wanted more than a 22 and less than a 45 Colt. Yes I have 357's but they all are 32oz and heavier. I found a 26 last month, I also bought a Hellcat in early August.. its lighter and comes up nice. They both feel about the same when shooting in recoil and follow up shots. So now the testing and deciding commences. Like the fact I can use a any mag from the 10 round to the 33 round in the 26. With the Becker BK16 and a singleshot 20 I'm ready to go away for a couple months!. Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Well, finally bought a Glock

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Todd, I, too, have gone to carrying a Glock at work -- the slim model 48 -- even though running a 9 mm is against my better judgement even after all the ammo improvements in this caliber. It is very easy to carry, and as shootable as any other Glock. I will likely invest in the Shield 15- round magazines and their metal mag release. But I would stick with the 1911, or even a DA revolver in .44 or .45 if weight and bulk weren't issues.
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Another one joins the tupperware party!

I've got several glock flavors, happy with them all. my selection ends at gen 3 though.

you're not giving up too much with 9mm, I'm amazed at the improvements over the last 20 years

for glocking, research indexing your trigger finger, mas ayoob has an *excellent* video out on that issue

test your mags. my 26 is perfectly happy with the '19 mags, but has problems with the '17's.

for now I have the original 26 mag with extender

enjoy. some folk run down the glocks, but they're a perfectly functional tool.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

No shame. I have hammers, wrenches, and Glocks. They are tools for a job. Sometimes it's nice to have something that you don't have to worry or fuss over. There is no attachment.
I have a 19 and a 21SF. I tried the 26 but couldn't shoot it as well as the 19 due to my hand size. Even the 19 is a bit small, but it conceals better than the 17 for me.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

I bought a 19 & 26 around 2005 or so when I was shooting a lot of IDPA matches. I was spending a lot of $ shooting and reloading for my 1911 and went to the 9mm because at the time I could buy a whole case for $189.00. The 26 has been with me a lot over the years as I've tried other CC pistols and always come back to it, though I do like the S&W 442 I bought a couple of months ago. Won a few matches with the G19 and it's been on my nightstand every night since then.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I love my 30S and like OldWin said, it's as reliable as a good shovel or hoe. I don't pack it, but it's beside me on the nightstand, and goes to the woods with me.
A standard pressure 230 FMJ is one of the more quiet rounds you can touch off, and that means a lot for me as my hearing is about shot anyway....I've taken many grouse with it and it's not (too) painful to shoot without "ears" on....Col Cooper didn't care for "crunchentickers" but he surely loved the .45acp.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I bought my G23 in 1991, 3 digit serial number, its been through every torture test Glock had tested for at that time. Frozen in a bucket of water, shot underwater( NO HP ammo), handfuls of dirt into an open slide, tossed on concrete etc. Oh and I can't forget dog drool. Why? Because I had to see what all the fuss was about- and I had access to Glock through a classmate. The only part I have HAD to change was an extractor, lower corner broke but it kept working perfectly. 1 update kit and thats all I've done to it since I got it. The Tinnifer finish is gone , second set of tritium sights. Sure its a tool but a darned reliable tool!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

Picked up a 30sf a couple of weeks ago. Thinking about installing Ameriglo Hackathorn sights.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Perfect for hard farm/ranch carry. Light, hi capacity, perfectly reliable, and the best part is who cares if it's beat up, scratched, lost. Too ugly to love. I carry it for fence work in the thickest, nastiest, thorny and cacti rich with the chainsaw all the time....would not subject ANY of my nice stuff to that abuse, but a Glock, who cares. I much prefer the 10mms over 9mms, the 17 works well enough as a backup truck gun with extra 33 round mag. No failures with the 3 I've had. First time I shot one I put 17 into one hole at 21' even with the weird trigger. Glocks for work, Colts and Rugers for hunting.