Signpost Buck Rubs

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Woodsloafer2
Levergunner 2.0

Signpost Buck Rubs

Post by Woodsloafer2 »

Seeing if I cab post pictures without Photobucket. This is my Winchester 54 30-06 next to a signpost rub way back in the mountains. Second is another signpost. I always like finding these but never see the bucks at them during the day. I have had game cameras on them and they usually show up around 2 AM. Hope they go through!
Win 54 and Signpost.JPG
54 & double rub.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Signpost Buck Rubs

Post by GunnyMack »

Years ago at the farm there was a buck that always rubbed a telephone pole. He tore it up every fall for 8 or 10 years, we never saw him! Those big old brutes know not to show themselves. Hope you get a crack at him!!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Drawdown »

Woodsloafer, did same thing Friday, took my 16ga SS Win, while I was at it. Looking at one those buck travel ways, 50-150 yds below a main ridge. 2 those old rubs on 4"-6" pines. Trying to get it into my thinking to watch these low deer sightings areas, that the bruisers roam. Got 4 squirrels in the pot right now for my efforts! And that's a fine rifle!
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life"

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
"If you gotta shoot, shoot don't talk"
Conservative since day one and until the last!
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Love the old full stock Winchester !
Walker
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Walker »

That is a fine custom model 54! Is that a reflex sight or red dot?
Woodsloafer2
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Woodsloafer2 »

It is a red dot...Trijicon RMR. EGW makes a mount that fits in the scope mount holes. Very quick and accurate for me. That gun is a favorite as it maintains zero and shoots almost all bullet weights to the same point of impact. So far only 240 grain Woodleigh's shoot a couple inch's low. Everything else shoots to the same point. Even those 150 and 170's loaded down to almost 30-30 level shoot to the same point.