Grizzlies

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Grizzlies

Post by jkbrea »

I was hunting this area 3 days ago. Running into a grizzly is unnerving to say the least, but five!! The girl on horseback videoed it. And she was laughing! Now two more are reported making their way to the same area. This "399" bear is an old gal in her mid 20's that gave birth to 4 cubs a couple years ago. She's somewhat of a celebrity with her own social media pages!
I've hunted that area 30 years and only seen an occasional blackie. Rifle season starts tomorrow. Gonna be interesting.
Screenshot_20210925-153119_Chrome.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Grizzlies

Post by GunnyMack »

'Can you skin griz pilgrim'
'Just as fast as you can bring em'

I'd say 1 is unnerving, bet that horse wasn't all that pleased to hang around!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

20210920_100535.jpg
Beautiful area though in Teton County.
But come Monday I'm going with a Marlin 45-70, bear spray, a 4" 44 mag with Buffalo Bore ammo, and a slower partner!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

That would sober me up!
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

That would cause my horse to faint
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
ywaltzucanrknrl
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ywaltzucanrknrl »

I've seen three since September 1st north and east of Jackson in the Absaroka's and one very nice sized black bear, generally all I see are grizzlies. Two were over 400 yards away, the one I saw this weekend was about 100 yards away and heading for some bugling elk---there were archery hunters around, but I don't believe they ever saw the bear. Big grizzly that was really shiny and black and silver---which is unusual also, as most of the grizzlies I see are fairly small----most I see are in the 300 pound range. This one was likely double that, his butt made my horses butt look small....HA!
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

My hats off to you fellas that rub shoulders with Grizzlies, the only dangerous critters I have to watch out for is politicians.... :?
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
450 Fuller
Levergunner 2.0

Post by 450 Fuller »

Doug Peacock-now in MT-may have the best philosophy on Mr. Grizzly, along with Montague Stevens.
Unless needed for the pot, let them keep roaming the mountains.