The "Time Out" Generations versus Ours.............

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

The "Time Out" Generations versus Ours.............

Post by Old No7 »

Boy, isn't this true...........

Old No7

Time Out Generation Vs.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: The "Time Out" Generations versus Ours.............

Post by gamekeeper »

If I'd told my parents how often I got caned at school I would have received twice the punishment.... :wink: I went to a pretty tough school and if you didn't get caned regularly you had no street cred..... :lol:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:39 pm If I'd told my parents how often I got caned at school I would have received twice the punishment.... :wink: I went to a pretty tough school and if you didn't get caned regularly you had no street cred..... :lol:
Way back in the day, circa 1973 I was on the school bus enroute to home in the afternoon. I was crying because I had been paddled by coach ed for my minor crimes and misdemeanors. In less than a quarter of an hour I would be censured and thrashed yet again by mom then the tortuous wait for pop to arrive from work and his contribution to my rehabilitation.

As the school bus turned the corner from 42nd. street to skyline drive my elder sister told me to buck-up and stop by the garden hose bibb in our front yard and try to wash away the teary evidence so mom would not know I had been crying.
Cartoon lightbulb moment ! All through my first and second grades I had imagined that mom somehow known when I had gotten in trouble at school. I would burst through the screen door and confess and immediately throw myself on mom's mercy or lack thereof.

But now my sister finally informed me that mom did not know until I told her. Opened a new world for me. Ray the eight year old hardened recidivist..... Don't 'fess....."lawyer-up" as they are wont to say.....
m.A.g.a. !
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

My Dad used to be a high school history teacher before he went into law enforcement. He would come to meet my teacher each year and let them know it was okay to spank me - and remind me that it would be 10 times worse when I got home. I know he wasn't kidding.

I spent 3 years in a Catholic school. The nuns did not need to be given permission... :wink: :shock:
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I got paddled 22 times in Second Grade.

In 5th grade I was to get paddled once, but the teacher hit me really low on the lower thigh (really hurt my hamstrings), so when I went back into the classroom, as the teacher and principal were still in the hallway, the class was silent, and one of them asked "What happened...?" I couldn't think of a smart-alek answer, so I said honestly "....she missed". The class all laughed hilariously.

So when she came in and asked the class "What was all that laughter about...?" One of my fellow 5th graders (and I still remember the little ***'s name after all these years, the little squealer) said "He said you MISSED...!" More classmate laughter.

Teacher rushed out, caught up with the principal, and they returned me into the hallway. The principal DIDN'T miss... :|
Last edited by AJMD429 on Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I never feared a swat at school. What was waiting at home scared the heck out of me.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

jeepnik wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:35 pm I never feared a swat at school. What was waiting at home scared the heck out of me.
+1 if I was found out to be in deep do do I knew mom would confiscate my air guns and .410.... :shock:
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

My Dad told me if front of my teachers it was"encouraged" (freakin ENCOURAGED???) to whack Tommy's butt. He literally said" you start with him and I'll finish it up when he get's home." gulp. Well come to find out,,,no truer words were ever spoken! I ALWAYS DESERVED THEM WHEN I GOT THEM BUUT he didn't have to be so enthusiastic about it!
In middle school a school psychiatrist/psychologist( don't remember) asked me if my Dad spanked me? HE** YEA!
Well that's wrong! You just behave because you have fear of your Father.
I blurted out, No PELOSI! AND do you know how many times I didn't do something that crossed my mind because of that? I realized at that time this city DUDE DID NOT GET IT. Teenaged boys in the middle of nowhere, with not much in the way of organized activities can THINK OF A LOT OF THINGS THAT SHOULD NOT BE ACTED UPON! He learned, he had a cute daughter.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

There were more than a few incidents when I was at least vehemently chastised if not energetically thrashed for ill deeds at school that I was absolutely innocent of. When I attempted to profess my innocence before, during and after the punishment coach/principal, mom and pop (in that order) all replied the same, "think of all of your sins that you got away with no exposure!"
m.A.g.a. !
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

I went to a catholic school with nuns for teachers. Those evil little penguins loved using a ruler to hit you with! But because of them I know me and my brothers ended up better.
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

jkbrea wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:41 pm I went to a catholic school with nuns for teachers. Those evil little penguins loved using a ruler to hit you with! But because of them I know me and my brothers ended up better.
Public school teachers weren't above using a yardstick. Every time I picked up a pencil with my left hand down came the yardstick. So today, my penmanship is deplorable and I write right handed. But I do all the important stuff like shoot left handed.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

jkbrea wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 6:41 pm I went to a catholic school with nuns for teachers. Those evil little penguins loved using a ruler to hit you with! But because of them I know me and my brothers ended up better.
cousin lew was an army brat and didn't quite fit in the available public schools in and around the bases his dad was stationed at so as a last resort before court sanctioned reform school they tried a jesuit ran institution. Good news is the state case workers discovered he was dyslexic and attention deficit. Bad news is the jesuits did not recognize such terms. Lew said that whenever padre tomas used the cane he suddenly lost the desire to stare out the window. When the letters and numbers turned the wrong way or swam before his eyes, the cattle prod would always turn them the right way and make them behave.

And yes, as many of you suspect, cousin lew is now certified schizoid and needs constant care.....
m.A.g.a. !
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

Back in grade school, must have been about '62 or thereabouts, instead of whooping in school they put me in the nurses office that had a bed next to a hall window, every time a teacher would go by they would tap on the window overlooking the bed and point at me and laugh! DID NOT LIKE IT ONE LITTLE BIT! B****hs! :oops: :evil:
Wish I had brains enough back then to laugh back and point at them with my middle finger!!!!! :twisted: Now THAT would have gotten me a whooping when I got home!
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

I think the most important think is we had dad's that cared!
That's why they beat are a--e's!
The prison's are filled with people that thought fatherhood ended after the bed stopped bouncing! :P
Just think that every time pop's threw you a beating you had it coming!
Johnny
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

You are 100 percent correct Johnny. From that FEAR, grew respect(for him and others), admiration, and love. The same love he was showing me when he beat my a##. I wish I had found a better way but I will admit to having thumped rump on my son. Never in anger but not gently either.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I got my share of spankings at home-- more than my share, actually, as I was the eldest of three boys and I think I kind of wore Dad out -- but never at school. That said, we had a shop teacher at Hunt Junior High in Tacoma, Wa., in the mid-1960s who had very carefully band-sawed a generous paddle out of 3/4-inch plywood, and then drilled a few holes in it so that it would sort of whistle when swung. He did not use it often, but just seeing him pull the thing out of his drawer put the fear of God in anyone with sense.
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

I got strapped daily pretty hard by one teacher in the second grade.She would pick on kids that parents weren’t well off because she thought that nobody cared about them and nobody would believe them.I was told by her that if I told my parents that it would get worse for me.The strappings only stopped when she noticed that it didn’t really hurt me any more as my hands toughened up to the point that the pain was minimal.She then moved on to another poor kid and left me alone for the rest of the year.Eventually a few years later she picked on the wrong who did go home and tell his parents and there was a big scandal in which she was fired and blacklisted from ever teaching again.I had learned later when I grew up that after she was fired she became an alcoholic and died from it.I hated that woman so much that I swore when I was a kid that when she died I d urinate on her grave(I never did lol).
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

The nuns at the school I went to could handle a yardstick like a well-trained samurai. :shock:
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

I was just reported to DHHS for emotional child abuse for:

Taking away my kid's cell phone! :shock: Why? Punishment for breaking a door, and requiring him
to keep it out of his bedroom at 10PM so that he can get to sleep.

Yes, I'm serious. Full DHHS investigation, interviews with everyone, blah, blah, blah...

After a month, it was determined that taking the cell phone away isn't abuse.

American Society is now completely banana-crackers. If I had broken a $300 door in front
of my Dad, he'd have cleaned my teeth with it without repercussion.......

-Stretch
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Believe we all got our butts whacked from time to time...there's a big difference from getting the half hearted belt treatment vs. a true beating. That's how I was raised and the way I raised my kids but I was a Mr Softy on my daughter...you don't beat girls unless she's your wife. :D

When all this stuff started back in the early nineties one time my daughter said after a "go to your room" incident", "I'll fix you and tell the teacher you beat me." (When I didn't, as I don't hit females of any age) I responded, "go ahead, they will come and take you away and put you in a foster house with 20 other wild kids of mixed races and you can bet you won't have the life you enjoy here with bikes, horses, cats & dogs, your own TV set, your own room.....etc....

Last time she threatened me like that...-----006
Model A Uzi’s
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

When my youngest daughter entered the 3rd grade my wife and I went to meet her new teacher. She was a cute young thing full of enthusiasm about teaching youngsters. After talking awhile I told her, "Jami is a very tender spirit. If she gets out of line, just whack the kid next to her and she will straighten right up."

She had a look on her face that was priceless! Then my wife ruined it by saying "Don't pay any attention to him!"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm all in favor of strict discipline, but if you are causing physical harm, drawing blood, or knocking out teeth? Well, that's ignorant, brutish, and disgusting. You wouldn't treat your dog or horse like that, and if you are doing that to your children, you should have your azz kicked until you decide it's not the best way to go.... :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Blaine wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:12 pm I'm all in favor of strict discipline, but if you are causing physical harm, drawing blood, or knocking out teeth? Well, that's ignorant, brutish, and disgusting. You wouldn't treat your dog or horse like that, and if you are doing that to your children, you should have your azz kicked until you decide it's not the best way to go.... :evil:
In retrospect, I would rather have a spanking from my dad than the diabolical "punishments" he came up with. I recall having to remove nails from a fence we were going to burn in the fire place (yep lead paint and all). Then I had to straighten the nails for future use. I have no idea anymore what I did wrong. But I assure you I never did it again. Many hours and smacked thumbs drilled that lesson into me for life.

When My eldest began to do some of the same things I did as a kid I devised my own diabolical punishments Darned if it didn't work as planed.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jeepnik wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:39 pm
Blaine wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:12 pm I'm all in favor of strict discipline, but if you are causing physical harm, drawing blood, or knocking out teeth? Well, that's ignorant, brutish, and disgusting. You wouldn't treat your dog or horse like that, and if you are doing that to your children, you should have your azz kicked until you decide it's not the best way to go.... :evil:
In retrospect, I would rather have a spanking from my dad than the diabolical "punishments" he came up with. I recall having to remove nails from a fence we were going to burn in the fire place (yep lead paint and all). Then I had to straighten the nails for future use. I have no idea anymore what I did wrong. But I assure you I never did it again. Many hours and smacked thumbs drilled that lesson into me for life.

When My eldest began to do some of the same things I did as a kid I devised my own diabolical punishments Darned if it didn't work as planed.
Daughter had a bad habit of walking away and slamming her bedroom door.
After I took the door off for a month :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

The first time I tried dad’s method was in the service. Someone wasn’t flushing the toilet after use. Didn’t take long before the culprit was identified. He was a new kid just assigned to the firehouse. Turned out he was on his third house at that base. A present from the other station captains.

His behavior was rectified by additional “training”. I simply had everyone in the station find him and have him flush the toilets and urinals after use.

He complained to the fire chief, squadron commander with no sympathy. He then went to equal opportunity race relations. He claimed it was because he was black. I’d dealt with them once before and they were quite polite when they came to ask why he had to flush toilets. A quick explanation satisfied them. It also extended the offenders punishment.

It wouldn’t have mattered what EORR had said, I had already decided not to reenlist. I sure as heck wouldn’t have lasted long in today’s military. Imagine actually insisting people follow orders and just suck it up when things went wrong.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

:D