Henry Recoil pads

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Henry Recoil pads

Post by FLINT »

I was browsing on Henry's site today and noticed that the rubber recoil pads on the rifles looked really thick. One thing that has always kept me from more seriously considering a Henry is the long length of pull (14"). I prefer 13 1/4" - 13 1/2" LOP, and was thinking that removing the recoil pad might get close to that.

Does anyone have a Henry with a rubber recoil pad and can measure to see what the LOP would be with it removed. I wonder if a thin marlin butt plate could be made to fit on one?

Thanks
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Henry Recoil pads

Post by Blaine »

What I've been wondering is if a stock from a Henry youth model can be used on a full sized.... :? :?
I have no doubt about Henry quality, but my Big Boy .357 is a huge unwieldy weapon with a slippery brass buttplate :(
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

I have a bIg loop/lever .327 and found the same fault.....the pad is too thick and quite sticky.

I removed the pad and glued a piece of leather in its place. Of course it is now too short but winter clothes will make up much of that. For the henry with the shiny brass butt plate an application of felt tape helped with the slipperiness.
m.A.g.a. !
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

I have been thinking of using this on my Henry single shot..https://www.midwayusa.com/product/2088544539
Rumble.com/ hickock45
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

My Henry is just about perfect from the factory but im a trap shooter and tend to crawl up a stock.
If so inclined, a thinner pad could be purchased and fit , some manufacturers have pre-fit pads for some makes. And might find a pad that will work.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

Ray wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:30 pm I have a bIg loop/lever .327 and found the same fault.....the pad is too thick and quite sticky.

I removed the pad and glued a piece of leather in its place. Of course it is now too short but winter clothes will make up much of that. For the henry with the shiny brass butt plate an application of felt tape helped with the slipperiness.
Ray,

What is the LOP with that recoil pad removed, and minus the leather?
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

Blaine wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:55 pm What I've been wondering is if a stock from a Henry youth model can be used on a full sized.... :? :?
I have no doubt about Henry quality, but my Big Boy .357 is a huge unwieldy weapon with a slippery brass buttplate :(
Blaine,

I have a henry youth .22 and the LOP is 13 1/8", which I prefer way over 14". I had a Henry frontier octagon .22 but I sold it to a boy a year or so ago, and for some reason I never tried to swap the stocks on them. Seems like the receivers and tangs on all the Henry's (within specific models) should be the same.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

FLINT wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:58 am
Blaine wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 1:55 pm What I've been wondering is if a stock from a Henry youth model can be used on a full sized.... :? :?
Blaine,

I have a henry youth .22 and the LOP is 13 1/8", which I prefer way over 14". I had a Henry frontier octagon .22 but I sold it to a boy a year or so ago, and for some reason I never tried to swap the stocks on them. Seems like the receivers and tangs on all the Henry's (within specific models) should be the same.
If I didn't already have a nice 9422 and 9422M, I'd be all over that Henry Youth....
Heck, even my 1894 Marlin .44 mag is smaller and lighter than those Henry behemoths...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

FLINT wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:48 am
Ray wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 2:30 pm I have a bIg loop/lever .327 and found the same fault.....the pad is too thick and quite sticky.

Ray,

13 and 3/8"
m.A.g.a. !
FLINT
Levergunner 3.0

Post by FLINT »

Ray wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:49 pm
FLINT wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:48 am

Ray,

13 and 3/8"
Thanks! That would be an ideal LOP for me. I think it would probably still be acceptable with a nice thin plastic buttplate.