Vintagers Pump Gun Event

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Vintagers Pump Gun Event

Post by 6pt-sika »

Most of the Vintage SxS events I’ve attended have an event for pumps as well . Ones even starting a pre 1950 autoloader event . So a few months back we had a late 1930’s Winchester Model 12 16 gauge with a 30” full choke barrel at a somewhat reasonable price . The gun however was blueing free and the wood needed some care . So two weeks ago I pulled it apart , took the wood home and cleaned all the old varnish off with lacquer thinner , let it dry and started applying rubbed in Tung Oil . Put about twenty coats on and then brought the wood back to the shop after the gun was reblued . Also put a new original buttplate back on the stock the one that came with the gun had the toe chipped off . Need to work with it some more to get it slicked/smoothed up better to suit me . But I’m pretty satisfied with the new overall finish job .
82CDCD77-09D9-4BD9-A3FA-9E0BDDD32D90.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Vintagers Pump Gun Event

Post by GunnyMack »

Ah the model 12, ya just can't beat it! And it is ready for another 100 years of service .
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

They are cool.! A local fun store has a twin to that one but a 20ga. hard to resist. when I started shooting in the '70's model 12's and Remington Wingmasters were the go to guns for a lot of Guys. Hope that one shoots Good for You. :D .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I’m kinda looking for a decent 20 gauge Model 12 with a 28” full choke barrel . I’d prefer the ones with the extended forend as I like my hand further back than you can with the little tootsie roll forend but it is what it is . I’ve got a Model 12 12 gauge 30” full choke vent rib gun as well at the moment , that ones a Super-X 3” gun .
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Boydes and buy new furniture!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

The wife and I have our father's model 12s in 16 gauge. My dad's is a 26 inch full and her's is 28 inch modified. The guys from those years really liked 16s and since I grew up with one I'm still stuck on them.

6pt, Let me look, pretty sure I have the fore-end you want.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

M. M. Wright wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:37 pm The wife and I have our father's model 12s in 16 gauge. My dad's is a 26 inch full and her's is 28 inch modified. The guys from those years really liked 16s and since I grew up with one I'm still stuck on them.

6pt, Let me look, pretty sure I have the fore-end you want.
I had a circa early 30’s Model 12 in 16 with 28” solid rib full choke barrel about 25-30 years ago . I could shoot the heck out of that one then on the skeet field , trap field or dove field . Now putting my hand out that far is actually a bit painful . My shoulders from years of repetitive this and that are giving me problems now . Had to give up vertical bows about five years ago . Luckily I can shoot SxS’s O/U’s and semi auto’s pretty well still .