Steve's Gunz' receiver sight for Rossi Model 92?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Naphtali
Levergunner 2.0

Steve's Gunz' receiver sight for Rossi Model 92?

Post by Naphtali »

I just picked up another stainless steel Rossi 92 in 45 Colt. I will be buying Steve's 92 kit for it. I am undecided whether to buy his safety plug for the 92 with its integral receiver sight or having the 92 drilled & tapped for a Marble's W&E tang sight. I will be needing adjustability for one lighter handload and another for its very heavy handload for 305-grain Saeco SWC-GC. I also want certain durability. My other 92s have tang sights and I obtain durability by the tang sights' folding down and out of harm's way. But I had not considered doing away with Rossi's safety on either of them. This time, I'm considering but have no experience with doing the replacement thing. I also have no experience with how that safety plug is to be installed to have the integral receiver sight correctly for the sight assembly, nor do I know how the sight is adjusted and set for a load that it stays set.
It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Steve's Gunz' receiver sight for Rossi Model 92?

Post by gamekeeper »

Bump to top.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

The safety replacement sight is easy to install--just drifting out a pin if I remember correctly. I put one on a Rossi mare's leg in .44 Magnum and it stayed put.
You still might be better served by the tang sight for ease of adjustment between your two loads.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Consider TWO sights - one set for each load. In a perfect world both sights could fold, and you could easily do that. Even if only one folds, depending on how far they are apart, and how different the settings have to be, you may be able to do that still.

I've had a couple guns with a 'Marbles Bullseye' in the rear barrel dovetail, and was able to set up a tang sight on one of them for use at very long range, making a nice compliment to the Marbles Bullseye's fast/close niche. The one it worked for was the one the front bead was in-between-rings on the Marble's Bullseye when viewed through the up-folded tang sight. The other one wound up with the outer Marble's ring obscuring the front bead when I tried to sight in at or past 200 yards, so I took off both and used a Williams FP 'ghost-ringed' with a Target knob on the elevation screw for rapid reproducible adjustment for range (I left the regular knob on windage since I seldom change that setting).
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "