Marlin "golden" 39A

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Marlin "golden" 39A

Post by Rockrat »

LGS has one. Has a crossbolt saety, checkered PG and forearm. In almost new condition. S/N on upper tang. Stamp on bbl just in front of receiver, on the bbl, but can't read it.

Did Remington make any 39A's?

What is this thing worth?
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Marlin "golden" 39A

Post by .45colt »

I don't think Remington made any .22's......They could hardly make 30-30's that would work . All after the guy in charge at Remlin told the Marlin Employees "these guns can be made by anyone anywhere" . He , I hope is still choking on His words. :twisted:
I would think if that .22 is below $800.00 today it is a steal. Good Luck.
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

Its $900. Don't know if I want to spend that much for a .22
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

Rockrat wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:09 pm Its $900. Don't know if I want to spend that much for a .22
Ouch, the prices on those have really skyrocketed!

I sold a nice old (1975) Mountie for a very nice price a few years ago when I "upgraded" to an octagon barreled 1897 Cowboy (model 39 at its heart) that was mint/NIB -- and the prices on those have gone way up since then too.

Come to think of it... Maybe I should have invested in a 401-39-k plan instead of mutual funds...

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH