selling online

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

selling online

Post by 4t5 »

I have never sold a firearm online (0r bought), and am thinking of thinning the herd. What are some of the caveats of online sales? I freak out when I see some one wanting to buy and have little or no forum history.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Re: selling online

Post by Larkbill »

I've had good luck with Armslist. No doubt there are others who haven't. But it's a good compromise between online and local. Also made me aware of a LGS not really in my neighborhood but close enough to patronize.

Post by 4t5 »

larkbill, thanks for the quick response, I also have a local gunshop I have done consignment with, just trying to get the best value, was thinking of posting here.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I have bought many items here from longtime members . the only problem I ever had was with a new guy. I wouldn't ship anything until I had cash in hand. Good Luck.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

thanks
Rumble.com/ hickock45
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I have purchased a couple of firearms from former members. They had posted long enough and had enough serious conversations that I felt comfortable sending them dinero. I would say OK to someone I would trust behind my back with a firearm.

Integrity is difficult to discern these days and the horror stories abound.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

I'm not real savvy on values of firearms so when I "thin the herd" I put it on "Gunbroker" and use lots of pictures and the best description I can give. I like to time the closing to Sunday evening, state clearly that I accept a C&R license for guns clearly over 50 yrs old, accept personal checks (which only take 2 or 3 days to clear my bank), start bidding at a penny and let 'er rip. Never had a bad experience yet though I know you can. But with no history of buying/selling on the site it is harder because a fair number of folks won't deal with somebody with no "history" or rating.

I've never had anything but good experiences buying/selling between long-time "Leverguns" members. We "know" each other even though we probably have never met face-to-face and generally the item and the payment cross in the mail.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry