1895 Win Flat side

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

1895 Win Flat side

Post by BenT »

I have a Win 1895 flat side project gun that I have been working on. It needed a barrel so I ordered one from a Company that specializes in replacement barrels for Old Winchesters and other guns. The barrel showed up and was rolled marked correctly with correct soldered on front sight base. The issue I have is the forearm, that came with the gun, wood channel is too narrow to fit the barrel. It is the correct forearm with ebony inlay. It seems that the flat side receiver is narrower than the later style. The barrel must be a smaller diameter where it meets the receiver. The dimensions of the barrel I received are correct for the 1895 that I have made in 1903. This is a sporting rifle round barrel in 30 US with schnabel fore end.

So does anyone here have a 1895 flat side that they can measure the barrel diameter at the receiver?

Thanks