One line address

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

One line address

Post by Old Savage »

Ok Six, what is the deal with the one line address on Colts that Griff mentions?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Jay Bird

Re: One line address

Post by Jay Bird »

Fred, (6 is at a gun auction)
On Colts the address on barrels longer than 4 & 3/4" there was a one line address. The shorter barrels had a two line and while some Colts are more valuable with a 4 and 3/4" "people" are known to cut down a longer barrel but the one line address is a dead give away.

On Rossi's a one line address is the repair address you ship the gun back to.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Jay Bird wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 8:29 pmOn Rossi's a one line address is the repair address you ship the gun back to.
:lol: :roll: :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Sarge
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Sarge »

^ LMAO
People were smarter before the Internet, or imbeciles were harder to notice.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Mine has a one line address but comparing it to a 5 1/2” of the same year I would not know it is not a factory original. Is there a way to find out?
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

I think that Jay bird fella has a deep seeded hatred for the gun that won the Brazilian west!
Perhaps Sixgun indoctrinated him after some of that Chinese waiter torture that the military uses on Trump supporters!
I personally believe our military need's to get ride of the M4's and replace them with Rossi 92's!
I can see a entire platoon of transgender men charging a machine gun nest while discharging a occasional round in between jams!
When asked to lay down a heavy suppressive fire one she male got off 14 rounds in a minute before succumbing to a failure to fire!
Keep laughing life is short!
Johnny
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Back to the one line address. Two 5 1/2”s and a 4 3/4” 3rd Gens of 79 manufacture all have the one line address all done the same way same place. So I suspect that is the way they did them all that year. But, caveat, I have no way of knowing if the 4 3/4” was cut down.

OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Old Savage wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 9:35 am Back to the one line address. Two 5 1/2”s and a 4 3/4” 3rd Gens of 79 manufacture all have the one line address all done the same way same place. So I suspect that is the way they did them all that year. But, caveat, I have no way of knowing if the 4 3/4” was cut down.
I think it's because they are third generation. The stamp was changed so they could be the same on all 3 barrel lengths.
My new 4.75 is one line also.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

OldWin wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 12:42 pm
I think it's because they are third generation. The stamp was changed so they could be the same on all 3 barrel lengths.
My new 4.75 is one line also.
That's it! I don't follow much of anything anymore and I find myself consulting the books more and more....there ain't no one except John Kopeck who can recite from the brain matter. Keep in mind that there were countless changes in the Model P's 150 year old history.

I figure I worked for 62 years and yes, collecting high end guns is work.....you learn that after a few 5 star degrees from the "School of Hard Knocks." I see no reason to keep "working" and have retained the unforgettable basics while consulting the books for the small stuff.

In the world of high end guns a very small deviation can result in the loss of thousands of dollars and that's why there are books....

I will consult and report back but I do believe what Jayster wrote is correct....the newer third gens are much more generic than the previous masterpieces put out by Colt.-----00
Model A Uzi’s
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Spoke with Griff this AM partly about this.