Bourbon "Whiskey Webs" (images)

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Bourbon "Whiskey Webs" (images)

Post by Old No7 »

Did you know that one shot of bourbon contains almost 30,000 1-microliter droplets?

Researchers have taken images of the unique microstructures that remain after a single microdrop of bourbon has evaporated. Every bourbon has a unique signature for the "whiskey webs" it leaves behind. Go to this this link to view their Gallery to See or Order Your Favorite Bourbon's Image (click here)

Glad they only wasted one microdrop!!! :wink:

This is one of my favorites.....

Old No7

JD SB Whiskey Web.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Re: Bourbon "Whiskey Webs" (images)

Post by gamekeeper »

I can't wait to tell the Doc " I only have the occasional 30,000 microdrops " :lol:

Truth is I rarely drink Bourbon anymore, I have a unopened bottle of Jack Daniels master distiller just in case I feel the urge but lately I been almost teetotal... :(
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

gamekeeper wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:46 am Truth is I rarely drink Bourbon anymore, I have a unopened bottle of Jack Daniels master distiller just in case I feel the urge but lately I been almost teetotal... :(
Nothing wrong with that. As the Good Book says, there is a time for everything.
I like some small batch Bourbon once in awhile. It's been 6 months or so since I last had any and don't miss it. The first year after my wife died I had a couple drinks every night just so I could fall asleep. That time passed and I am thankful.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

There is a similar phenomenon called 'ferning' that doctors use to tell if what is issuing from a woman in labor means the amniotic sac has ruptured. The fluid is looked at under a microscope, and the salinity evidently gives it the characteristic 'fern' pattern.

As a resident, I managed a crazy 400 pound woman in labor, who nurses witnessed dumping beef broth on her nether regions then claiming her membranes had ruptured (the truth was she was only about 30 weeks pregnant but was tired of being pregnant so wanted to pressure for induction or c-section).

Beef broth is salty enough that it 'ferns', in case you wondered.... :roll:
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Uh Doc - too much information :lol: :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bronco
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Bronco »

Beef broth will never be the same !
Gettin old ain't for sissies!
There just has to be dogs in heaven !
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

T M I Doc . . .

TMI

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Must be the Pharmacist in me, but I found it informative.

I don't care much for any corn based alcohol. Funny, but I love corn on the cob. Not sure why the distilled products are so bad tasting to me. I like Whiskey made the Irish and Scottish way. I had never heard about the webs.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Wait a minute, Old No7 likes Jack Daniels?!? :wink: :D
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

piller wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:37 am I like Whiskey made the Irish and Scottish way. I had never heard about the webs.
When I was living in Mozambique we had a friend from England who taught the English As A Second Language classes. She would be in Moz for 6 months and then back home for a few months. Every time she came back she brought along a bottle or two of fine Scottish whiskey. She was the person who introduced me to the Glenn family of whiskeys. No one else on the base drank whiskey so she would come up to our house a couple times a week and have a nightcap with me and visit with my wife. We had air-conditioning which made visits much more pleasant, especially during the 'wet'.

“Too much of anything is bad, but too much good whiskey is barely enough.”
Attributed to Mark Twain
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

The last trip I had to the doctor he got done with me in the exam room and went across the hall to his office. He asked if my wife and I would like something to drink, a bottle of tea, or water? I said some rum and coke would be nice. He said well I can see the rum but the coke is a no, no. So much for that.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Being a Type 1 diabetic, I try to avoid soft drinks. I have tried diet drinks with whiskey. Twice! Tastes strange to me. My islet cell death and total lack of insulin production came on when I was in my 50s. Absolutely NOT Type 2, and quite unusual.
I still like the occasional shot of whiskey to sip on. A fifth lasts me 6 months or more.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

piller wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:37 am I like Whiskey made the Irish and Scottish way.
Interesting... As most Irish and Scotch whisky (no "e") are aged in used American oak bourbon whiskey barrels. European oak isn't as tightly grained, and allows too much evaporation from a barrel.

In the documentary "Chasing Whiskey" about Jack Daniels, one of the top distillers in Scotland readily admits that 60% of the flavor of their Scotch whisky comes from the used bourbon barrel.

Old No7