What is the value of Marlin Model 336 chambered in 30-30 Winchester with a Weaver 3-9 x40 Scope

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Jasper
Levergunner

What is the value of Marlin Model 336 chambered in 30-30 Winchester with a Weaver 3-9 x40 Scope

Post by Jasper »

Good afternoon everyone. I am hoping to get an idea the value of my lever rifle if someone minds to help.

What is the value of my Marlin Model 336 chambered in 30-30 Winchester with a Weaver 3-9 x40 Scope? I attached a photo and have serial number.

Thanks and I appreciate your time.

Jasper
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Re: What is the value of Marlin Model 336 chambered in 30-30 Winchester with a Weaver 3-9 x40 Scope

Post by fordwannabe »

Hard to tell from the picture but does it have a cross bolt safety? Also good to know the year of manufacture. On that vintage you take the first two numbers and f the serial number and subtract from 100. 22 would be a 1988. If It is older you may have a letter as the first digit in the serial number. If that is the case let you s know and we can help you with that. Value is very dependent on location and percentages of finish hard to evaluate from that pic. My guess would be in the $450 range. Good gun to have on hand always.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
44shooter
Levergunner 3.0

Re: What is the value of Marlin Model 336 chambered in 30-30 Winchester with a Weaver 3-9 x40 Scope

Post by 44shooter »

Not sure. If it helps I just bought a 444S with no safety and similar styling except mine has a forend cap instead of a band. Retail, very dirty with a little surface rust, no scope or mounts, an okay leather adjustable sling $400. Cleaned up nicely. Yours looks a bit nicer, the scope adds a bit, common chambering could go either way. Lever actions don't seem to last long in the LGS these days. And there were never many.
horsesoldier03
Advanced Levergunner

Post by horsesoldier03 »

IMO, it looks to be a JM stamped without the crossbolt safety very similar to mine that was made in 1979. You can GOOGLE Marlin 336 manufacture dates by serial # to confirm the year yours was built. In todays market, its value is whatever someone is willing to pay and whatever you are willing to sell it for. Go to GUNBROKER and look for other 336s that have sold or at least have bids on them for a ball park figure. Welcome to the FORUM.
“Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

horsesoldier03 wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:49 am IMO, it looks to be a JM stamped without the crossbolt safety very similar to mine that was made in 1979. You can GOOGLE Marlin 336 manufacture dates by serial # to confirm the year yours was built. In todays market, its value is whatever someone is willing to pay and whatever you are willing to sell it for. Go to GUNBROKER and look for other 336s that have sold or at least have bids on them for a ball park figure. Welcome to the FORUM.
I'd give the same answer but I use DuckDuckGo instead of Google for political reasons.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

In todays world I wouldn't sell it for less than $ 500.00. it's a JM marked with no cross bolt safety . they are Great Guns.