For the Air Gunners....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

For the Air Gunners....

Post by .45colt »

The Women took the four Grandkids to the park for the day. I have been wanting to shoot the RWS 350 Magnum thru the Chrony again. It has over 600 rounds through it now . average of five shots.
H & N pellets.
Baracuda Green 12.96 gr=945 fps
Hornet 16.20 gr =825
Baracuda Power 21.14 gr=598
Crow Magnum 18.21gr =740
Baracuda Hunter 18.21 gr=754
Field trophy Target 14.66 gr =846

Crosman Premier 14.3 gr =861
Ruger Superpoint 17gr=790
Most had pretty consistent velocity. The H & N Baracuda Hunter had a low of 751 and a high of 758. The American made Crossman had a low of 855 and a high of 864. The H & N Field Trophy Target had a low of 840 and a high of 851.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: For the Air Gunners....

Post by Blaine »

Was there an accuracy trend between the heavier and lighter pellets?
I've had decent results using the Crosman hollow point .22 and .177....The cheap stuff.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

I plan to take a 350 Magnum in 4.5 mm to the gun club on Friday. It's not mine, I repaired it for an acquaintance. He's not picked it up yet, so I'll go do a more thorough function test on it in the meantime. :D
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Blaine , today I wasn't shooting for accuracy , just getting numbers on the chrony. I had eight stick on target dots set up on a big piece of cardboard. shooting off of My elbows on a table all were grouping in and around the orange except the Baracuda Power . they were way low . the H & N pellets certainly fit the barrel much tighter and should give better accuracy. My everyday pellet is the Crosman so far and I have shot more than a whole tin. I picked up the sample pack of the H & N this spring .
I hope to shoot the next time just for accuracy .
Camel73
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Camel73 »

Decent speeds!

Must be close to 10 years now I picked up a benjamin titan nitro piston in .22. Man, did I get a lemon!
After getting into it, i found the seal was no good so I ordered a couple aftermarket ones.

The thing was about to drive me mad when I ran across some ancient pellets from the UK.
Problem solved.

Other than the seal problem (and a disconnected trigger spring!), the real issue was pellet head diameter.

It hates Daisy's or Gamo pellets. Crossman kinda suck too.

With my ancient fat-heads, every couple of days I'll plink a 4x8" piece of steel at 50 yards off hand just to keep sharp.

These days it a proven corvid/pigeon killer.

If memory serves correctly, a 14 grain pellet runs in the 650 fps range for me (that's when I bought my chronograph).
I haven't tried running a really light pellet through it.

The noise level is really nice for those nosey types!
My first child - '94 30-30