I would like to find out more about this rifle

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
BryceDavid

I would like to find out more about this rifle

Post by BryceDavid »

As much as i know its a Marlin Mod 30 Glenfield, it’s chambered in .30-30 and has a 4 round tube, its serial number is 69 91114
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re: I would like to find out more about this rifle

Post by AmBraCol »

Welcome to the forum. I hope you stick around to learn more about your rifle and perhaps pique your interest into expanding your collection as well as to enjoy the one you have. The first two digits indicate that your rifle was manufactured in 1969, If I'm not mistaken. What else would you like to learn about your rifle?
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

The model 30 came in several configurations....30(2/3 magazine), 30A(Full length magazine), 30TK(Kmart, straight grip, 2/3 mag and 30GT(straight grip, shorter barrel). All were stocked with Birch or other than walnut. It is my observation they are found 30A most common, 30 TK second, 30 w 2/3 mag and 30GT the least.
I prefer these as the front sight is dovetailed and 3 of the 4 have forend caps (not BBL band). I converted my 30A to a straight grip configuration. All Marlin, just a price leader offering.
Pisgah
Senior Levergunner

Post by Pisgah »

Except for the birch stock, your Glenfield 30 is no less than the Marlin 336 SC -- the Sporting Carbine, 20" barrel and 2/3 mag, my favorite 336 version.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

I have had that one for along time. I got it cheap, it was rode hard and put away wet , the bore looked like a sewer until I cleaned it . :D . they are hardly bigger than a .22 . the chrome plated bolt makes it easy to work the lever and they are Marlin thru and thru . The one I have is a truck gun and nothing to worry about if it gets dropped or gets another ding on the stock. I put a Williams 5-D receiver sight on it. one of the "Sleepers" in the levergun world.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Nothing wrong with having a truck gun that is to be used.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost