50-100 mag cap

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Montana22
Levergunner

50-100 mag cap

Post by Montana22 »

Reading that full length mag tubes in 50-100 have a way of destroying themselves due to the slide hammer effect of heavy cartridges rebounding in mag tube during firing.
Anyone familiar with this? Maybe I don't need to over think this part since I am building a short rifle!
Trying to decide if I should find an original 86 mag cap and slot the end of the barrel i order for an original 86 mag cap cut.
Or
See if the mag cap that came on my Browning 71 fits the full length tube I need to find.
Best way to stabilize mag tube?
Any thoughts on this?
Thanks
buckeyeshooter
Senior Levergunner

Re: 50-100 mag cap

Post by buckeyeshooter »

I had a 32 inch barrel put on my 86 in 50-110, the magazine capacity is 10+1. I have had no problem with it shaking apart, however, I only fully load it for Cowboy Action Side matches (rifle cartridges legal) where 10 shots are needed. The big challenge with the extra long barrel is it is heavy, but it shure holds nice on the target.
Montana22
Levergunner

Re: 50-100 mag cap

Post by Montana22 »

great, then i wont worry about it for a short barreled build.
thanks