Personal demons

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Personal demons

Post by wvfarrier »

So, lately I have been struggling, not with my faith but with my adherence to it. Ive felt that there are two versions of me, one good and one not bad but flawed. Anyway, I was listening to CS Lewis and he is discussing personal demons. Hence my question: Do you believe we each have a personal demon whose soul (pun intended) is to ensure the corruption of our soul? Im beginning to believe that we do.
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Personal demons

Post by jeepnik »

Never got that deep into it. I know I'm flawed. All humans are. But I also know I am forgiven. I just try to do the best I can.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
barbarossa
Senior Levergunner

Post by barbarossa »

There is an old saying that I think gets it about right for most of us

That there is a devil there is no doubt
But is he trying to get in or is he trying to get out

Life has a way of testing a persons faith in the world.Most of us have flaws in one way or the other and that’s just part of being human.The thing is to realize we aren’t perfect ,except it and try to live ones life to the fullest without causing any harm to others.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

We are all born with a sinful nature, which must be what you're referring to.
James 1:14 - 15 speaks of this very "internal alligator" we all wrestle with in various ways throughout our life this side of heaven.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

In the spiritual congress of my soul, the Demoncrats often have one too many votes, I am very heartily sorry to admit.
It is so convenient to just give in, when with just a little effort -- and prayer -- I could filibuster much more often. Why is this? It is not so much that I am a bad person as that I can be both heedless and lazy.
Perhaps a hair shirt is the answer. Mortify the flesh!
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

Demons are real. They all want to corrupt our soul.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Keep your demons under strict control, it drives them nuts and proves that you have the power.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Old man vs new man in the Bible.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

We all have to deal with evil and sin. Whether we fight it or give in to it is our choice. Because humans are weaker than the evil ones, we need the help of GOD and the example set by his word when it was made flesh.

Not everyone believes the way I believe. According to what I believe, I am ordered to spread the word. It may be accepted, or it may be rejected. For me, the requirement is that I tried.

Could be worse. It could be that there is no hope.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I go away at times for 2-3 days and just let the voices talk themselves out. Plus I get to cut a few walking sticks and shave them while listening to tunes and a fire. Man wasnt meant to around other people 24/7..... Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

One of the easiest ways of sidestepping personal responsibility is the old "The devil made me do it!" excuse. Paul wrote in Colossians 3:5 "Therefore, put to death what belongs to your worldly nature:" - I highly recommend "read the whole thing". James wrote "But each person is tempted when he is drawn away and enticed by his own evil desires." Learning to know ourselves and putting into practice self control (which is part of the fruit of God's Spirit) are what help us to overcome that part of ourselves we know we should overcome. Some folks get all proud that they've "got the old man whipped". Paul also wrote "So, whoever thinks he stands must be careful not to fall. No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to humanity. God is faithful, and He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation He will also provide a way of escape so that you are able to bear it."

Another passage well worth meditating on is found in Romans 12: Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

When we let our faith falter we allow the temptations of Satan to lie to us and we act on them.
Put on the full body of armor to help ya resist Satan, we have sin nature from Adam so it`s a battle all the time.
God bless and praying for you. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

AmBraCol wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 10:36 am One of the easiest ways of sidestepping personal responsibility is the old "The devil made me do it!" excuse. Paul wrote in Colossians 3:5 "Therefore, put to death what belongs to your worldly nature:" - I highly recommend "read the whole thing". James wrote "But each person is tempted when he is drawn away and enticed by his own evil desires." Learning to know ourselves and putting into practice self control (which is part of the fruit of God's Spirit) are what help us to overcome that part of ourselves we know we should overcome. Some folks get all proud that they've "got the old man whipped". Paul also wrote "So, whoever thinks he stands must be careful not to fall. No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to humanity. God is faithful, and He will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation He will also provide a way of escape so that you are able to bear it."

Another passage well worth meditating on is found in Romans 12: Therefore, brothers, by the mercies of God, I urge you to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God; this is your spiritual worship. Do not be conformed to this age, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may discern what is the good, pleasing, and perfect will of God.
AMEN...
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

All demons, fallen angels, are subject to the authority of the Name of Jesus.

All believers, born again from above, have the authority to use the Name of Jesus against demons.

I regularly tell demons i rebuke them in the Name of Jesus.

I don't believe they are "personal demons", I believe they cruise around looking for opportunities like carp eating pelosi off the bottom or the pool. I try not to entertain their suggestions. And I rebuke them with Christ's Authority.

"In the name of Jesus
in the name of Jesus
demons all have to flee"

P.S. Scott is right that demons can and do possess people. And they can still be cast out. A pastor i know has that ministry.
Last edited by Grizz on Mon Jul 19, 2021 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I've been known to have temptation come upon me and my response is "get away from me Satan, you have no business with me." It seems to clear the issue up rather quickly.

I don't know if anyone has a personal demon, I don't think they can indwell a believer. But I know that they are real and they can certainly indwell an unbeliever. Their only power for believers seems to be injecting a thought that does not belong there. (As in "Where the HELL did that come from?")
Lastmohecken
Senior Levergunner

Post by Lastmohecken »

None of us deserve to to to Heaven, no not one. None of us are worthy, except through the grace of Jesus Christ, our savior.

I don't believe Christians have a demon inside us, but because of our sinful nature, we don't need the help of demon to screw up on a regular basis, but if we give in to our sinful nature enough we can suppress the Holy Ghost inside of us.

None of us are perfect or will be, in this present life.

But there is an old saying that inside of everyone is a Good wolf and a Bad Wolf, and the one that wins is the one we decide to feed. Another way of looking at it, I guess.
NRA Life Member, Patron