Finding things to do after being fired

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Finding things to do after being fired

Post by earlmck »

Yesterday I was going to load up some 357's to take out to play with the pistol silhouette folks (friendly fellers who like pistols and leverguns). But we got notified that the BLM has demanded we close the range to all uses because of fire danger, so there went the shoot. And also our buffalo shoot scheduled for next week end and probably all of August's shoots. That's the big downside to this lovely shootin' range I have mentioned here previously -- we are subject to the dictates of the bureaucrats. Unfortunately bureaucrats are real pitiful at putting out fires but real efficient at issuing edicts.

I thought I'd take some grandkids for a hike since I was not needing to load shells, but all the lil' critters were going in for a Covid test as some were exhibiting coughs and fevers. So I went by myself -- climbed up Barnes Butte which is a nice little hill about a mile northeast of town. Here was the view looking southwest over the town. The cross is on its third or fourth iteration as every so often it gets vandalized, but other folks are outpacing the vandals.
PvlleFromBarnesB.jpg
When I got back I thought I'd cast some bullets since this was the coolest day we've had in a month. Made these little cuties from an Arsenal mould which I got halfway done lube-sizing today before I took the picture.
358Arsenal07.jpg
358Arsenal09.jpg

I've been having trouble getting my Rossi 357 to shoot nicely at 200 yards but it looks like this little 135 grainer may do the trick. Dang rifle shoots everything fine at 50 yards, everything but my beautiful 180 grainer I use in the Ruger gp100 nicely to 100 yards, lots of stuff still works at 150 yards, but it has all fell apart by 200. Guess we'll see how these prove out.

And daughter tells me that everybody tested positive for Covid even though two of them had no symptoms and everybody seems fine by tonight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Finding things to do after being fired

Post by Blaine »

We do what we can, when we can, as we are able to do.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

One step at a time.

That's all we are asked to do....
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

https://covid19criticalcare.com/wp-cont ... NGLISH.pdf

I hope they all fare well. Hopefully it’s the Delta variant as it’s less dangerous.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Earl, there you go making me homesick again with that shot of the enchanting Crooked River Valley.
Sorry the range is closed, and hope you can get your Rossi performing at 200 yards the way you want it to. Curious what size groups you are expecting at that range. Are shooting a receiver sight?
Very best wishes, Bill
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Thu Feb 10, 2022 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Ray wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:52 am This post brought to mind the gentleman in colorado who regularly shot his .357 levergun at 200 yds..... I went back in time to search his posts on the subject and found that they had all been deleted and simply marked "done" !
“COSteve”?

That’s strange.

Rude, really... :?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
earlmck
Advanced Levergunner

Post by earlmck »

Well poo -- COSteve has been my hero on the Rossi 357 levergun. Everytime I would think "this dang thing is just a 100 yard gun" I'd see one of his posts and decide to try again. And now he is "done" :shock: !?

100 yards with decent accuracy is all I'd normally need from a jack rabbit shootin' iron but our buffalo shooting bunch shoot pistol cal. levers to 200 yards and I keep wanting the Rossi to be competitive there. So far it hasn't happened, but when I shot this 135 grainer with a warmish load the other day I was getting "clangs" out to 300 yards so I'm hopeful this is "the one".

And Bill, my over-experienced eyeballs can't seem to be trusted to shoot groups with iron sights anymore. I just load a batch and see what my impression is when shooting the "clangers". If I can get hits nearly every time somewhere on the ram out there at the 200 yard area I will be totally happy. (These are shot sitting with cross-sticks for our match shooting). Williams receiver sight, green fiber-optic front sight. Wonderful rabbit shootin' rig. If only we had some rabbits once again.
The greatest patriot...
is he who heals the most gullies.
Patrick Henry
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Earl, sorry to hear of your shortage of rabbits. We had a plague of rabbit hemorrhagic fever down here a couple of years ago, but the jacks and desert cottontails have really bounced back.
It sure is fun ringing steel at that COSSA range. Miss it.