Requesting prayers

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Requesting prayers

Post by J Miller »

Yesterday I (Elaine) went to pick up some of Joe's scripts and a few groceries. Got home and he was " a bit out of it"
Somehow he had twisted his left knee and could not stand up from a sitting position. Well this ended up in an ER trip and he is now in the hospital getting all kinds of tests. So far 2 things have been "diagnosed". Enlarged heart and some sort of long name AFib, that comes and goes.. That along with what the Dr's are calling crushed ? veins. The veins are from an old injury that we have been harping on since 2013/14 when he crashed on his bike. :(
They have been running several tests and more to go tomorrow or Monday. He asked me to post here for you guys to keep him in your thoughts and prayers.
Elaine
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Requesting prayers

Post by 6pt-sika »

Prayers and best wishes for a positive return .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Prayers UP for both of you. Healing, fast healing for your husband. And comfort and strength and wisdom for you. I hope for all the best for both of you.

Agape
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Prayers sent. They will continue. Both of you just let the worries go. GOD knows your hearts, and he takes care of his own.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Fisher-Price
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Fisher-Price »

Prayers said
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Prayers Up.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

Thanks Elaine for letting us know, tell Joe we are rooting for him on both sides of the Atlantic and to get well soon, I remember the bike crash it was most unfortunate.

Gamekeeper.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Done...
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Prayers from Texas for you Joe.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Prayers up.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

May GOD shed his grace on you.all
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

My prayers for you both. Asking it be God's will that Joe's medical team can tease apart those issues and solve them one by one.
Rexster
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Rexster »

Prayers, for y’all.
Have Colts, will travel.

The avatar is the menuki of my Rob Douglas Wakisashi.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Hope al goes well.

Jason
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

UPDATE:: Hospital was all set to release Joe tonight..... He tried to stand up and his feet basically gave out on him. For some reason since Friday afternoon he has been in extreme pain and weakness from his knees down, all the way to his feet.
The one good thing is that the Dr's did find that most of his heart problems was the enlarged heart and intermittent afib. From what I understand he has been retaining too much water. Change of meds in some aspects and he should be OK on that point. new doctors are a possibility too. Our family doctor retired from private practice earlier this yea.

NOW!! comes the hard part We are in desperate need of a house that will be wheel chair / handicap accessible. And as far as I am concerned I don't really care where at this point. AND then we will need help moving as he is almost totally stuck for now. Totally incapable of walking or lifting anything.
GGRRRRRRR!!!! And I may not be much better in that I "snapped" my left shoulder muscle about 2 weeks ago when I went to lift a jug of cat litter.. Oh yeah house has to be cat friendly...
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Thanks for the update.
D. Brian Casady
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Update #2:: He is stuck there for a couple more days. Dr's this morning were talking about giving him Gabopentin (SP) His feet were and are to an extent horribly swollen. They want that down. Along with that, physical therapy and if it takes much more than 2-4 more days there at the hospital, they are talking a rehab facility. That is about the last thing he wants.
I think we need a few miracles. I think I am OK physically, just emotionally exhausted.
Elaine
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Prayers continuing that all things get better.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

More prayers for you and your wife Joe...get better in a hurry!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

More prayers on the way.
D. Brian Casady
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Update for this morning:
Joe just called with short update..... He finally got a bowel movement going and with the results the nurses are thinking possible internal bleeding. Lovely!! then they tried to get to stand up as the swelling is finally coming down in his feet with physical therapy.... Dizzies big time. So he is not going anywhere anytime soon
He called back just a little while ago and the tests came back positive on the blood in the bowels.
I just talked to social worker and currently they are looking at a rehab / nursing home facility for physical therapy to get him back up and "running"
Will try to post later what the end results will be... Currently not a happy camper on either side here.
Elaine
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Internal bleeding is not good. It sounds as if things are starting to turn your way a little. Finding a cause is better than not knowing.
D. Brian Casady
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

You are both in my thoughts and prayers, I sure hope the doctors come up with the miracle you need real soon, prayers from over the pond continue.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Good luck sir!
Speedy recovery!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

We talked later this after noon in an almost emergency session. His BP plummeted and shook him up a bit. Dr's are now thinking possible ulcer. Along with the intermittent Afib. He said they did finally find the knot in his urethral area and got a complete cat scan of that. Now going to move him to ICU to keep a closer eye on him. UGH! Along with all that they will be doing colonoscopy soon and I think there were some other tests mentioned. Brain has gone blank for the day.
Along with all of this our Pathfinder has decided to act up again with the starting problems. Thought we had the problems fixed...
Thought I had a mobile mechanic that was going to come try to diagnose and fix it, but for some reason he is backing out, and giving excuses.
Elaine
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Elaine what are the symptoms of the truck? Could be some of the smart fellows here might help.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I see so many patients like your husband who are the salt of the earth type, and are part of what makes this country so great. They are very difficult patients because they tend not to take care of themselves until the last minute when it is really difficult to patch things up. Prayers up for both of you that you can get on a program it gets him back to where he needs to be.

It takes a God-blessed partnership between patient and family and physician to an able to kind of strength and healing that really needs to happen. Prayers up for that.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

octagon wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 6:17 pm Elaine what are the symptoms of the truck? Could be some of the smart fellows here might help.
Not sure how to describe it but here goes
Usually when it is cool or coolish it will start right up, no problem. It when it gets hot or a short trip somewhere that heats things, it balks at starting. Literally the engine will not start or turn over As I turn the ignition I can hear a clicking or "clunking from near or under the passenger side seat and door, for the most part. Or there is what I would call a clicking from some where else
Weird thing tonight. All day long it didn't want to start. Then around 7:30 I went out and kept "playing with it. :( Turned over and so I made a trip to the post office to mail a couple letters that needed to go out. Came back and shut it off and tried to turn back on as a test and no go. When it does this sometimes I can physically turn the crank on the engine and get it to a "sweet" spot and it will fire up. It's like it has a short in a sensor some where.
We had it worked on last Oct and thought that it was fixed. But when the weather got hot again the problem reared it's ugly head. And I did call the person that did the fixing last year and kind of felt that I got the brush off.
We put a new starter in it 2 (?) summers ago. New ignition switch and inhibitor relay last Oct.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

Elaine I'd try to clean connections at the battery and starter, sounds like a dirty connection. If that doesn't fix it, I might take the starter to AutoZone and have em, test it for free. These are often easy fixes, maybe you have a pal at work or church with some tools. You might get an unpleasant shock doing this yourself, be careful.
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

Prayers up!
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

octagon wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:17 pm Elaine I'd try to clean connections at the battery and starter, sounds like a dirty connection. If that doesn't fix it, I might take the starter to AutoZone and have em, test it for free. These are often easy fixes, maybe you have a pal at work or church with some tools. You might get an unpleasant shock doing this yourself, be careful.
LOL We have plenty of tools here. Sadly over the last year or so Joe has gone downhill. I guess last Friday was the catalyst for it all. At least for once the Dr's in the hospital are taking him seriously. It seems the ones in IL just ignored his problems. They have said something about "outpatient" surgery for the bike injury.
I went to visit with him for a bit today. Left the building about 5 and spent the next 3 hours fiddling with the truck to get it started.
As far as me doing that kind of work.. I would have 30 years ago but now.... No thank you... I'll get a niece's husband or son to help or Just take it back to my cousins shop. Ugh!! We really don't have anyone left here. Most live in the smaller towns an hour away. :(
What bugs me is that the starter is not that old and if I tweak the one pulley on the left side and find the " Sweet spot" It will fire right off. it did tonight.
Joe wants me to go to the bank and get enough $$$$ to pay cash if and when a vehicle comes up. There was one last night, but no way to get to it.
So that has basically been my fubar day
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

wishing you both all the best,prayer sent
Rumble.com/ hickock45
1894c

Post by 1894c »

prayers sent... :)
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Tycer »

Sorry I’m late to the prayer meeting. Prayers up for you and Joe.

On the truck, I would check the ground connection from the battery to the engine. When it’s acting up you could try connecting the black jumper cable to the battery and an unpainted piece of metal on the engine.
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Prayers continue.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Tycer wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:52 am Sorry I’m late to the prayer meeting. Prayers up for you and Joe.

On the truck, I would check the ground connection from the battery to the engine. When it’s acting up you could try connecting the black jumper cable to the battery and an unpainted piece of metal on the engine.
I went on a google search this morning, as I remembered a blog forum for Nissan repairs we had been on but evidently had not bookmarked it.
Low and behold with my search on their site there was some one wit the "exact" symptoms or sounds but when their s was cold. They told how they fixed it and so I just tried that!!! I may well have fixed the problem... The security system may have been shorting out the starting system... So far after unhooking that connection , which does not bother me. the truck has started over a half dozen times. The real test will be if I get out of here today to run a few errands and get it hot as that is when the problem mainly persisted. YAY!!! For now..LOL
Elaine
PS I Google search and read a lot when it comes to these weird things and then usually start asking a lot of questions.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Good work Elaine. Blessings and strength for both of you
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Sounds like you were shown a way to help. That much is great news.
D. Brian Casady
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

Elaine, I'm proud of you digging in and finding a solution for your Nissan issue. I pray that the rest works out as well. Hang in there.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Well my research and "fix" was only temporary, but with help we did find the "real or the rest" (?)of the problem. We have a neighbor that works for a used car lot. Not sure what he does but he does minimal work on vehicles at his house. He came over and the "Truck" actually misbehaved on cue. He just stood there and laughed. Turns out we are pretty sure it is the crank case sensor and he found where it goes and the new part online. Not all that expensive and he is willing to R & R it for me.
On the other front the hospital move Joe out of ICU, and back into a regular room. He said that one of the Dr's thinks he had a Major gout attack, along with everything else they found. So for now they are working on therapy. He is getting the "I want to go home fidgets "
The rest of the story... One of our felonious felines got out behind my back and is now missing. Ugh!!
Elaine
Edit: Just got a call from one of the nurses at the hospital. They are still talking about placing in an "assisted living facility" temporarily because of his inability to stand and walk. That will not happen until Monday if at all. I know he is balking at the idea.
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Elaine , I hope the Neighbor is getting the parts thru " Rock Auto" or a similar place. the difference in price has left Me astounded several times. hope the car gets sorted out. We are all praying for Your situation.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

.45colt wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 11:38 am Elaine , I hope the Neighbor is getting the parts thru " Rock Auto" or a similar place. the difference in price has left Me astounded several times. hope the car gets sorted out. We are all praying for Your situation.
Don't know for sure where but the cost was under $30 so with tax it will be right about that And as far as I am concerned it is well worth the price. He works for a used car lot here, so he might be able t get a discount where they get their parts. :)
Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

Praying. ..
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Well I found the cat hiding in some thick weeds at the back of our neighbors house. She was not really happy. Lord knows where she was over night LOL. Neighbor is working on truck now and it might be a bit more involved than he can do,so it may have togo to a shop. Personally I don't care. I just want it fixed.
Elaine
Woodsloafer2
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Woodsloafer2 »

praying for a strong recovery and life back to normal....
Camel73
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Camel73 »

Prayers sent!
My first child - '94 30-30
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Update: Physical therapists have been trying to help Joe get back on his feet, only to discover that whatever happened that Friday when he went to stand up destroyed whatever was left of his left knee.
He has relented to the fact that he is going to need some rehab in order to evaluate the knee and what can be done for it. :'(
So I need to find a good used van that we can use once he does get to go home.
Needless to say he is not thrilled with this current status.
Financially we have a small amount to buy another vehicle...
Elaine
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

OMG
I just saw this post....no internet for a week or so.
Prayers sent and sent again...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Elaine, my brother had a knee and two hips, or a hip and two knees replaced. It seemed like it's a standardized procedure and didn't entail overlong recuperation time, or a long hospital stay. Plus he was greatly enabled to get around after the surgeries. Blessings. Hope an angel of the LORD finds his way to assist you two.
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Grizz, Thank you for the encouragement. The sad thing is that the hospital and all the doctors there totally ignored that need. All the did was focus on other trivial stuff and with all the stress his body went wonkers while there.

Update: The hospital transferred Joe to a rehab nursing home Friday afternoon. He called Sat morning, upset as all get out. Wanted me to come pick him up...He said that he did not get any of his meds till that morning. So they skipped a total evening dose. His comments about the quality of food is almost laughable.
Truck would not start. I had taken it to the dealer Thursday for diagnosing. Another fubar..I believe all they did was fiddle around. When they brought it out they were pushing it. I asked when they claimed they were done if they had ever tired to start it...NOPE!!! It was also closing time. So I ended up making the decision to have them push it out to their parking lot, so I could try to start it. ( I doubt I will ever use their services again) The tech asked if I wanted to have it towed home. At first I declined and at the last moment we settled on a tow that wasn't all that expensive. The service dept all but vanished, leaving me to wait. Bout ten minutes later it started. I went to the sales staff that was still there to try to find out and cancel the tow but they had no clue. So there is or was one unhappy tow truck driver
Over these last two weeks I have come to see several mistakes..One we should have gone to the other hospital but Joe insisted on this one.. :evil: I don't think the hospital or their doctors ever consulted with his heart doctor on record..I will find that out tomorrow.
The hospital all but ignored him for the most part. They did not try much therapy if any at all for him to regain any strength, but basically left him laying stranded in his bed.
This rehab place evidently has no therapy on the weekends either.
He pushed or squiggled off his bed to a chair to be able to eat and when he tried to go back he fell. The staff had to come pick him up and he mentioned that he was not much help when they did
Two taking that truck to the dealer was useless and expensive.. I will find out later today if the dealer was correct in their "diagnosis" One of our neighbors is helping us to R & R the starter. If that cures the problem then the starter that was in it was defective from the start.
The stress has finally taken a bit of it's toll on me..:(
About the only good thing that has come from all this is that I might have a line on a type of van that I have looonnnngg wanted and maybe at a cheap price.
For the last couple years the malfunctioning truck and the demic has shut my side business with my creations down. Now all sorts of little markets have sprung up this spring and summer and I have been stymied and it does is make me madder and more frustrated.. (Rant over)
Any words of wisdom are welcome. I am trying to follow up on some earlier ones but it's one of those Monday thru Friday business things.