Colombaire

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Colombaire

Post by 6pt-sika »

Well I finally got an invitation to a pigeon shoot . But my cherry will get popped at Colombaire not box birds . https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kAevn2FpOEk
Last edited by 6pt-sika on Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Colombaire

Post by GunnyMack »

I'm too cheap to shoot pigeons! Up this way they are getting 30 a bird! If i tried it im sure I'd get hooked and have to sell everything to feed my habit!! :lol:

Huh, im surprised utube still has that video up, its soooo wrong in every way. :D
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

I’ve got a friend in PA that said he’ll get me in a box bird shoot up there this summer or next . I have no illusions of thinking I’ll walk in and excell right off the bat , I just wanna try each version once .
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Oh come on, pre mounted guns?
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Larkbill wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:10 pm Oh come on, pre mounted guns?
You pay your entry fee and call for the bird mounted or uncounted , your choice . I suspect most of the guys that win regularly shoot with the gun mounted . Where I’m going the entry fee works out to $22 a bird , I suspect I’ll do it with the gun mounted . Only 15 birds in a race but you have to fire the gun twice regardless of whether you knock the bird down with the first shot . If you kill the bird inside the ring and don’t shoot the second barrel it’s a lost bird .
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

Ha! Good on you for having the resources to manage that. Probably out of my comfort range. I'm kind of spoiled by my local Missouri Dept of Conservation range at $4 a round for skeet, trap, and 5 stand.

Post by 765x53 »

Larkbill wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:53 am Ha! Good on you for having the resources to manage that. Probably out of my comfort range. I'm kind of spoiled by my local Missouri Dept of Conservation range at $4 a round for skeet, trap, and 5 stand.
Here in western MO. the MDC owns half of Vernon, Barton and Cedar counties but, there is nowhere to legally put up a target to shoot at.
I guess you can shoot all you want if you claim you are hunting. You just can't put up a target.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Larkbill wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:53 am Ha! Good on you for having the resources to manage that. Probably out of my comfort range. I'm kind of spoiled by my local Missouri Dept of Conservation range at $4 a round for skeet, trap, and 5 stand.
I’m gonna try it once atleast and hopefully box birds once this summer . But at our club targets are $3 a round for members and $3.50 for non members .
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Forty years ago when I was shooting all the time one of the regulars at the club was Wealthy and We would never know it. He was one of the Guys and would drink beer and have fun with Everybody after the shooting was done. I think His Perazzi was the first shotgun I ever saw with removable chokes.
He was one of the top Trap Shooters in Ohio at the time and He told Me He was going to shoot live (box) birds I think in West Virginia . A week later I asked Him how it went and He quietly said He won it and on His way out the door grabbed the purse and left. A friend of His later told Me there was 10k of cash in the bag. At the time I had No idea How tall the "cotton" was where I was walking with these Guys. Lord do I miss them All. :( .
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

765x53 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:10 pm
Here in western MO. the MDC owns half of Vernon, Barton and Cedar counties but, there is nowhere to legally put up a target to shoot at.
I guess you can shoot all you want if you claim you are hunting. You just can't put up a target.
That stinks. Besides the managed range at Busch Wildlife area we also have several unmanaged ranges at other wildlife areas. But I belong to St. Louis Benchrest Rifle Club and do most of my rifle and pistol shooting there.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Larkbill wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 7:02 pm
765x53 wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 1:10 pm
That stinks. Besides the managed range at Busch Wildlife area we also have several unmanaged ranges at other wildlife areas. But I belong to St. Louis Benchrest Rifle Club and do most of my rifle and pistol shooting there.
My main club is five minutes from my house via road the way the crow flies maybe mile and a half . We’ve got three trap/skeet fields , 5 stand , 100 yard rifle range , 400 yard rifle/silhouette range and 50 yard pistol range . All on about three hundred acres we can hunt on . I’ve been a stock holding member for thirty six years . I’ve killed deer , turkey and woodcock on the property . I wish we had enough acreage so we could put in a twenty acre corn/sunflower field for dove , but the lay of the land doesn’t accommodate that without bog bucks in earth moving . When I first joined it was all about skeet supposedly to make me a better grouse shot and it evolved into registered skeet and trap . Later I tired of competitive shotgun and Venturino got me wound up about cast bullet lever action silhouette which evolved into cast bullet lever action deer killing . Never really got back into skeet/trap as such , but started loading 10 gauge2 7/8” and the other gauges ALL followed . I’ve always had Parker’s Fox’s and Smith’s since I was a kid and that kinda developed and matured over the last 10 years . Now to me shotgun games are skeet and trap as I know I can break 100 straight at either having done it more than a few times in the past . However sporting clays and five stand I refer to as an excercise in futility as I know very well 100 straight are few and far in between for even the hot dog shooters . But on a given weekend shooting 6-12 different guns you might do well enough in 2 or 3 to place . It’s a different matter trying to stay use to that many guns versus the one I used to use for trap and skeet just switching barrels Nd tubes . But what the heck it’s supposed to be for fun so full steam ahead d.mn the torpedos .
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Picked up four boxes of RST pigeon loads at Rock Mountain last Friday !
B80FB3F0-2390-403E-AF6C-8D8C001529D8.jpeg
DE02CB7F-FA40-46AA-B2D4-E8D2DFB067E5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

And a flat of Rio’s appeared on my desk at the shop yesterday .
2303A25B-9D7D-40B6-A08B-D8BFEBBEC9B5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
octagon
Senior Levergunner

Post by octagon »

7.5s at 1350 is perfect. Have fun
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

octagon wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 7:40 pm 7.5s at 1350 is perfect. Have fun
Well I’ve got plenty shells . The shoot I’m going to is only fifteen birds but thirty shots . Hopefully I can make a box bird shoot before it gets to cold or next summer .