New to me Winchester

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

New to me Winchester

Post by jkbrea »

After the post about commemoratives, I bid on GB for a Legendary Lawman. No one was bidding on it. Pics were horrible and it looked beat. I emailed the seller. He assured me it was like new and possibly unfired. He was selling it for a third party. He was also a LEO from a neighboring agency I used to worked for so I trusted him. I got it for a little over 800. It arrived and I was dissapointed. It looked crappy, faded but not scratched, wood was nice and the bore looked new.
I figured I got a decent 30-30 shooter in a Trapper so what the heck.
Then I took some Flitz and polished the sideplates and bands. Wow! What I thought were scratches came right out and it polished out great. I just did a quick job and was impressed! It's still going to be a shooter, but a nice looker too. May use it on antelope or a cow elk!
20210713_162942.jpg
Screenshot_20210713-171434_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20210713-171441_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20210713-171410_Messages.jpg
20210713_173408.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re: New to me Winchester

Post by AmBraCol »

Lovely! Amazing what a bit of elbow grease can do to spruce something up. Now, how does it shoot?
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Seems like yesterday those later commemoratives were being sold.....44 years ago......I used to buy the special ammo that came with them as I didn't have two pennies to rub together in those days to get the guns....006

Model A Uzi’s
jkbrea
Senior Levergunner

Post by jkbrea »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:59 pm Seems like yesterday those later commemoratives were being sold.....44 years ago......I used to buy the special ammo that came with them as I didn't have two pennies to rub together in those days to get the guns....006

That's so cool!
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Very nice!!

I sure wish we could still buy .30-30 Silvertip ammo......just in the same red and yellow cardboard boxes.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Bought a few boxes of commemorative ammo one time when they showed up.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

A nice find, congratulations... 8)
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

AWESOME!!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

The commemoratives were known to use the best available barrels, so most of them were very good shooters.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.