What do you pay for vehicle registration?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

What do you pay for vehicle registration?

Post by 4t5 »

Mine came in the mail today, my 10 yr old Patriot has an 80 dollar registration fee...fair enough ,but then they
tack on a ...
Passport to parks fee $10
clean air act fee $10
greenhouse gas reduction fee $5
for a total of more than 30% in taxes
I'm sure glad the demoncrats are in it for the "little guy"! :shock:
Rumble.com/ hickock45
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: What do you pay for vehicle registration?

Post by GunnyMack »

Here we pay by weight. When I lived in CO it was by age of the vehicle. I just sent a check for $75 to renew my 2007 Ram 2500. Its been 75 since I bought it new.
No fees or taxes( don't give em any ideas)
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Elk Plain, Washington.....We have an add on for "Regional Transit Authority" that brings my '21 Honda up to nearly 500 dollars, my '16 Ram about 400, and my new motorcycle over 300..... :evil: :evil: :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Government has learned. They don’t call them taxes they call the “fees”.

Now fees are supposed to go for a specific purpose. But it’s not surprising you can’t find any accounting as to where it ends up.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

I think Missouri still uses Taxable Horsepower, which has nothing to do with performance but is a weight and size calculation. I think a two year plate on my Captiva was $70 last time. But we also pay Personal Property Tax every year on vehicles and some agricultural things.
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

$36 a year per vehicle here in Pennsylvania. It's our concealed carry permits that are priced outrageous...$20 every five years.---006
Model A Uzi’s
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

For 2021 on my C1500 I paid 80 to register and 30 to inspect.

Can't register if you're not inspected, so $110.

About the same for my wife's crossover.

:roll:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

My friends in California pay many times the registration fees I pay here in Texas. Those who move here are really surprised.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

We went from some of the cheapest registration and renewal fees, to some of the highest here. I'm not sure why, or where it all goes? It wasn't all that many years ago when we paid $10 per year. Then it went to $20 a year, and then $57 for two years. Last time we renewed the wife's car it cost over $200 for two years.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
harry
Senior Levergunner

Post by harry »

In Montana you can buy permanent plates, mine cost 212.00 in 2016, not a dime since.
Trump 2024

All responses have been cleared by the law firm of "Elmer and Fudd."
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

I buy "farm" plates for my 2 p/u's, $54.10 apiece. The farm trailers cost around $13. 3 of my vehicles don't get registered every year... why register if I don't drive 'em right? When I do, I carry in the last registration slip, sign the form that they haven't been driven, and pay for the year. One has been disassembled for nearly 20 years... one is like new, but only started every other month, the last is in need of a rebuilt engine. At least they're not in the front yard on blocks... Next year the 3 qualify for "antique" plates 30 years or more)... have to check that out!
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

Here in CO, I think there are about 15 "fees" added on the registration fee
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

marlinman93 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:51 am We went from some of the cheapest registration and renewal fees, to some of the highest here. I'm not sure why, or where it all goes? It wasn't all that many years ago when we paid $10 per year. Then it went to $20 a year, and then $57 for two years. Last time we renewed the wife's car it cost over $200 for two years.
Washington's Regional Transit Authority sez hold my beer. And, I know why: So people with high paying jobs in Seattle, that move south for cheaper housing can take subsidized rides to their jobs up north.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
crs
Advanced Levergunner

Post by crs »

Just received my notice to register/ new plate sticker for my Tahoe - $75 , same for 1964 Alpine Roadster.
CRS, NRA Benefactor Member, TSRA, DRSS, DWWC, Whittington Center
Android Ballistics App at http://www.xplat.net/
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

crs wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:02 am Just received my notice to register/ new plate sticker for my Tahoe - $75 , same for 1964 Alpine Roadster.
The one place Oregon has been great is classic vehicles. I almost hate to reveal this, as I'm always afraid Oregon will change it sometime! Oregon registers classic vehicles as either "antique" or "special interest". Antique is 1/2 the difference between 1900 and the current year. So in 2020/2021 it's 1960 or before. It changes every two years, so in 2022 it will be 1961.
Special Interest is any vehicle that has significant changes making it a "specialized use vehicle" and not used for daily driving. In most cases these vehicles can be simply licensed special interest, but if it's too new the owner must get it evaluated by some authority in specialized vehicles, and a letter provided to the state that verifies it's a specialized use vehicle.
Antique vehicle registration is $64 one time fee. A new owner pays the same $64 fee for as long as he owns it, if it changes hands. No renewal, ever.
Special Interest is $82, and the same one time fee, no renewal. I have three vehicles and all are registered as special interest, even though two could be registered as Antiques. But the state says if you use a year correct plate like all three of mine use, it has to be registered special interest, regardless of the year. So my '37, '39, and '69 are all SP.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/