Tuesday evening skeet !

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Tuesday evening skeet !

Post by 6pt-sika »

We usually shoot skeet and or 5 stand on Tuesday evenings at my local club . So tonight I wanted to shoot my pair of 10 gauge “competition” guns a circa 1884 Grade 2 32” F&F and a circa 1899 EH 32” F&F both on 3 frames . I pretty much shot backwards doubles skeet tonight low gun and it sorta worked from the practice stand point .
44B13E7F-F339-4E2F-8D18-3DAD30CC9E9C.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Tuesday evening skeet !

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Nice. Tuesday evenings here are usually either 90+ degrees or pouring rain. @RHIMFIRE would know ... he's our local Skeet shooter.

Good that you guys are still into the pleasant weather that we Floridian's give up at the end of April. I'm wondering if that heat wave they have out West is going to make it over here.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Seems like Tuesday night across the country is/was clay target nite. I used to shoot a Tuesday league, a Friday league for ATA trap but weekends were always bunker shooting. I really have fun on the skeet field but none are close, I might shoot 100 skeet targets a year anymore, no ATA, less bunker but im really trying to shoot more ZZ BIRDS even though those are really expensive!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

This Tuesday night thing is more of a social thing . Rarely do I shoot more than two rounds . But it also gives me time to try and stay used to the ten different guns I carry to a SxS event .
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

I sometimes forget how many scatter gunners we have here (BTW Gunny, I've been exercising those 20 ga AA hulls thoroughly). I have a group that shoots skeet on Wednesdays and goes to lunch either before or after depending on weather. Retired guys, still working and an occasional grand child we have 6-7 possibles but usually have 3-5. What better way to solve the world's problems? A couple times a year we'll go on safari to shoot Sporting Clays, Five Stand or metal plates out to 150 yds with rifles and pistols at my brother's place. We're not "One Trick Ponies".
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Larkbill wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:59 am We're not "One Trick Ponies".
Fifty years I’ve tried most everything and competed at a lot of them . The only endeavor I never followed thru on was schuetzen , I had a pre war euro rifle that was built for it but that gun just wasn’t my taste , so I never shot a match just some practice/for fun . Lever silhouette I was big on and ran at my local club for a number of years , but after a few years lost intrest . As to the shotgun stuff yeah I shoot skeet or 5 stand on tuesdays , but there’s also a private group with a 5-stand about 45 minutes from me I shot with on some wednesdays and a group I shoot with on thursdays at yet another sporting clays course . Thru the warm months there seems to be somewhere almost every Saturday and or Sunday to shoot a sporting event . Only thing I’ve not done is bunker trap and live pigeons , hopefully I’ll have those checked off in the next year or two . Rifle stuff has fallen from my intrest at the moment , but then again I can do that anytime I just need to load what I’ll shoot , load the truck and drive five miles to my local club . I dare say the five or six rifles I’ll use hopefully during the upcoming deer season most likely won’t be fired until September along with the X bow and ML . The motivation to sit at the bench punching paper isn’t there like it once was . Same can be said for handguns I’ve not had any inclination to drag them out to the range etc . I do have a large desire for some decent dove shoots , Pheasent tower shoots , quail shoots and a tower duck shoot . But even the desire to shoot deer isn’t what it once was . I suppose this is what my grandfather used to call getting old :(
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I have more hulls if you need em ! :lol:
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

That's funny. I was just thinking I wished I had bought more. Since then I bought another 20 ga. A CZ Drake and like both of them (and my MEC 650 loader) so much I hardly shoot my 12's these days. How much per 100? I'll get a check out to you for another 400.

Post by piller »

Running down to minimum reserve for actual need has slowed my shooting some lately, as well as the residual shortness of breath from the China Flu last Christmas. I have had to use an inhaler occasionally for the last 6 months.
I have some 20 gauge loaded up and could beat up on some clay pigeons if the chance arose. Having a bunch of Universal, that is what I loaded them with.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Been working on replenishing my pile of 10 gauge shells. Loaded a bunch of SR7625 with 1 1/4 ounce of 7 1/2’s last week all in REM hulls . Today I started on RST hulls with Red Dot and 1 1/8 ounces of 8’s . I’ve got some RST 2 5/8” hulls I may load in the coming weeks with roll crimps . Not my preference but I’ve got the hulls so why not use them .
1FBAA06F-9C90-40F5-9728-5E97C9D7B5BD.jpeg
1C0C70AC-3246-44A8-B2EF-50C91875F54D.jpeg
C2D780A4-F12C-43FE-A2DE-9FEFDA24FD81.jpeg
82C85B4E-7877-4F97-BEFA-6207254598B5.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Last Sunday I picked up a flat of Remington Nitro 27 1&1/8 oz of 8s for my first barrel ZZ birds. 125 bucks! Also another buck and a quarter for a flat of Winchester 28 ga. Also for ZZ shooting. Figured if its available ill get what I can.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

GunnyMack wrote: Fri Jul 02, 2021 2:14 pm Last Sunday I picked up a flat of Remington Nitro 27 1&1/8 oz of 8s for my first barrel ZZ birds. 125 bucks! Also another buck and a quarter for a flat of Winchester 28 ga. Also for ZZ shooting. Figured if its available ill get what I can.
I recieved a case (5000) of CB 20 gauge knockoff wads today as well as a bunch of Nitro and card wads from Precision . I also bit the bullet today Andy bought 5,000 Chedditte 209’s :roll:
AD4C4B0F-27F7-4B55-8745-A78666EA1E9F.jpeg
1783A5B5-0F04-413F-8F13-1FC7C117632E.jpeg
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

We have Cheddites in stock several places locally. Plenty of 12 ga wads if you can be flexible but while my go to guy had WSF powder he had no 20 ga wads. May have to throw in an order to Ballistic Products or Precision right away before I run low.

I really don't get it. No Winchester ammo on the shelf but also no 209 primers. Should have one or the other.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Now 6pt...
Your cheat'n.....
Toooo many bb's in that 10 ga :wink:
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

We go out Sunday Mornings...
and boy it is hot.
Where are you getting your shot.....
its between 47.50 and 55 bucks down here....
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

I recently paid $42/bag, I was very happy to get West Coast magnum too!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

RIHMFIRE wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 7:33 am We go out Sunday Mornings...
and boy it is hot.
Where are you getting your shot.....
its between 47.50 and 55 bucks down here....
Price I was getting wholesale at the shop is less but when you add shipping it ends up more . I am picking up 40 bags when in northeast PA that’s gonna be $45 a bag . If I weren’t going to be there at a shoot it wouldn’t be worthwhile . Also all 40 bags are not for me just 18 of them .