A SHORT PRIMER ON THE PRIMER

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

A SHORT PRIMER ON THE PRIMER

Post by JimT »

I just finished reading A SHORT PRIMER ON THE PRIMER by Mic McPherson. It is 97 pages of packed information on everything I did not know about primers. Taking what happens step by step from the firing pin impacting the primer, Mic gives a clear and concise picture of what primers do and don't do. Along the way I learned more about how they actually work and why. And a lot of ideas about primers that prove to be myths.

A lot of the work was done with the help of Bill Falin who then was chief ballistician at Accurate Arms. The data in this book is something to behold. Tried and proven, it is something I will be reading again. I believe every handloader ought to own a copy.
IMG_2306.JPG
https://www.amazon.com/Short-Primer-M-L ... oks&sr=1-1

EDIT: BOOKS ARE ALSO AVAILABLE DIRECTLY FROM MIC SHOULD YOU DESIRE A SIGNED COPY.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A SHORT PRIMER ON THE PRIMER

Post by CowboyTutt »

Mic knows his stuff through experience and a higher order of intelligence, same for Bill Falin who sadly I have not been able to meet yet. Metallic Cartridge Handloading is the most epic book relating to handloading that I ever seen in my life time, and its like the Bible of handloading "for sure and for certain" (sorry, a Tom Selleck line I always admired. I think from Quigley) Thank you for the heads up Jim, I will purchase Mic's book on primers too. Took him some time I think to get it published on Amazon. I think he was not sure it would be ready by the Shootist Holiday but I may be wrong, he is constantly revising his books. I can't keep up with his writing pedigree. Mic is exhaustively thorough on everything he does as you know better than me. Falin too. -A-
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
JimT
Shootist

Re: A SHORT PRIMER ON THE PRIMER

Post by JimT »

Hey Tutt .. he had them at The Holiday!!