Ammo shipment hijacked in Mexico en route to U.S.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Ammo shipment hijacked in Mexico en route to U.S.

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Ambush of convoy took place in Guanajuato en route to Texas. Sounds to me like a shipment of Aguila sporting ammo, including .22, .410 and 12-gauge min-shells. I don't speak or read Spanish ...

https://www.milenio.com/policia/comando ... n-luis-paz
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Ammo shipment hijacked in Mexico en route to U.S.

Post by GunnyMack »

Fast & furious II ?
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
1894cfan
Senior Levergunner

Post by 1894cfan »

GunnyMack wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:56 am Fast & furious II ?
Fast and Furious II, the kick back! :mrgreen:
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Means the shelves stay empty at all the Cabela's in Texas ... :( :lol:
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

I wonder IF this is the same ones that stole the shipment of Viagara years ago, you know that , gang of hardened criminals! :mrgreen:
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Good....keep the foreign junk out.
Model A Uzi’s
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It was Aguilla ammunition, not Winchester junk. Aguilla is some of the best ammunition out there.

Care to guess which Drug Cartels have it now? Hunter Biden probably got paid to keep his Dad in the basement on this.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

Google translation leaves something to be desired but here is the translated article:
Digital Millennium
Guanajuato / 09.06.2021 16:28:17

In an unprecedented act, criminals in Guanajuato managed to steal 7,114,1500 useful cartridges when they attacked two cargo units that were circulating on Highway 57 near the municipality of San Luis de la Paz, according to information provided by the delegation. of the Attorney General of the Republic in the entity.

According to official letter number DE / 2463/2021 issued by the FGE and signed by the person in charge of the office of the delegation David Eugenio Carmona Álvarez, there are two vehicles, a dry box type semi-trailer, white, Altamirano brand, model rcs2402009 year 2009 with Private license plates 2MY050 from the state of Morelos and another white dry box semi-trailer brand Fruehauf model 2015 plates 1MY150A.

The stolen cartridges correspond to calibers .22, .40, .45, .38, .410 high speed M.7 ½, 7.62 x 51mm 150 GN, .12 minishell posta, .38 super auto + P, .12 minishell slug . all of them useful and for various types of weapons.

In the official letter issued by the FGR, various authorities are requested to disseminate the fact as well as images of the stolen boxes to achieve their seizure: "Therefore, I respectfully request that you send your appreciable instructions to whoever corresponds so that in support of This investigation cell discloses the sites it considers, the images and data of the stolen dry boxes in order to achieve contact and carry out the respective assurance, in the same way I request that this request be derived to each of the Prosecutor's Offices and Procuradurías of the States ”states the document.
We recommend: UN-DH urges the authorities to clarify the murder of an official in Guanajuato

According to the official report, the events occurred at dawn on Wednesday at the height of the town known as Cabaña del Rey in the municipality of San Luis de la Paz where the alert was issued because the GPS signal of both cargo and cargo vehicles was lost. those who guarded them.

As it was a delicate cargo, elements of the Mexican Army and the National Guard immediately mounted an operation to try to locate both the trucks with cartridges and the units that accompanied them.

The operations carried out by the federal forces lasted for several hours along the federal highway, managing to locate the trailers that were carrying the ammunition at kilometer 110 of the aforementioned federal highway. After an inspection at the site, they realized that the shipment was no longer in the cargo vehicles.

Meanwhile, the authority did not report people injured or detained for these events, while the Federal Public Ministry initiated a folder for the crime of highway robbery to try to find the whereabouts of the stolen ammunition.

According to complaints filed for theft of motor transport, Highway 57 is one of the ones that most concentrates this crime due to the large number of cargo vehicles that circulate on this road.
Reads like the drivers were in on it to me.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

J Miller wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:16 am According to the official report, the events occurred at dawn on Wednesday at the height of the town known as Cabaña del Rey in the municipality of San Luis de la Paz where the alert was issued because the GPS signal of both cargo and cargo vehicles was lost.
Reads like the drivers were in on it to me.

Joe
[/quote]

No doubt you are correct. There always seems to be someone on the inside that is key to making this happen. Seven million rounds of ammunition in a country with so much restriction is a very valuable cargo!