1954 Winchester 94, is it a deal?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

1954 Winchester 94, is it a deal?

Post by dkmlever »

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/902957824
You all can look at the pictures and see the condition and asking price. It is close to me so I can go look at it, but my concerns are, the short forearm, and the hammer only has horizontal cross hatches on it not the two way pattern. Could it be that someone changed out parts or is it in fact a original 1954 carbine worth the asking price? Opinions and advice are welcome!
Tycer
Advanced Levergunner

Re: 1954 Winchester 94, is it a deal?

Post by Tycer »

Yep. Those are correct.
Can’t help you out with value.
Looking forward to the range reports!
Kind regards,
Tycer
----------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.saf.org - https://peakprosperity.com/ - http://www.guntalk.com
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Looks like a winner to me, price seems reasonable.
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Drawdown
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Drawdown »

I'm not in the market for one, but a 54 made 94 like that makes wish I was! I'd grab that one for anything reasonable if it was me!
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life"

"Better drawdown Alvin!"
"If you gotta shoot, shoot don't talk"
Conservative since day one and until the last!
Eddie Southgate
Levergunner

Post by Eddie Southgate »

If the finish is original it would be an ok price , wouldn't call it a deal . Being an auction it may not get a bid or it might bring $1500 depending on who bids . Four or five years ago in my area that would have been a $400-$500 rifle but now you can't hardly find a Winchester or Marlin for sale in the wild . If you want one and can stand the price buy it while you can .
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Closed with no bids, so guess nobody thought it was a good deal at $900?
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

The finish is original as is all of the other features on it. A very nice carbine.
Although I don't think the price is great, I'd go the 9 C notes for that one before I'd buy a new japchester.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

J Miller wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:49 amThe finish is original as is all of the other features on it. A very nice carbine.
Although I don't think the price is great, I'd go the 9 C notes for that one before I'd buy a new japchester.
Joe
+1. Now that the auction is over, I'd run over (maybe drive depending), and offer $700 for it. If refused, turn to leave... I'll bet they counter...
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

My only concern is photo #2. The buttplate looks too proud to the wood....like the wood may be sanded there. Too hard to tell from that one photo though. The photo that shows the wood/tang fit certainly looks nice, and the finish itself appears like a mid 50s factory finish.
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

coyote nose wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:49 pm My only concern is photo #2. The buttplate looks too proud to the wood....like the wood may be sanded there. Too hard to tell from that one photo though. The photo that shows the wood/tang fit certainly looks nice, and the finish itself appears like a mid 50s factory finish.
It look evenly proud all the way around on the side shown and the top and bottom. Odd ... like the wood shrunk a bit.
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.