Estate Auction : 130+ Guns

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Estate Auction : 130+ Guns

Post by TraderVic »

Thought I would post this for any of you that might be interested. A neighbor passed away a few months back and his estate auction (online auction) is in motion, ends June 14th. He had a lot of guns, rifles, quite a few handguns, pistols, revolvers, etc.

For some reason I could not copy the actual link, so I'll have to post it the old way :

"procountryauction.com"

715-495-6131

Jerry Strader Estate
130+ guns, 160+ knives, ammo, reloading, etc.

Let me know if this link info doesn't work and I'll try again. There are some nice revolvers in the mix that might interest some of you guys.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Re: Estate Auction : 130+ Guns

Post by Sixgun »

Lots of good stuff in there......this guy knew what quality was/is. There's quite a few high dollar gems in the bunch.......

Everything nowadays is connected to the Internet where rolls of green are as common as big noses at at bar mitzvah.

In my day it was "have dollar-attend auction".

Model A Uzi’s
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

wecsoger wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:56 pm lot of nice ones there. try this:

https://www.procountryauction.com/aucti ... il/bw63722
Thank you, couldn't get my mouse and link to talk, copy and paste. Very likely the user 🙄
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Thank you! I bid on a couple of them.
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:33 pm Thank you! I bid on a couple of them.
Good luck to you sir.

An interesting side note to this neighbor, he lived by himself, didn't like or get along with anybody, and 106 of the 130+ guns were loaded. His farm is about three miles from mine.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Unloaded guns are not much good for anything. So, I get it. After I am gone, I imagine that they will find all of my guns loaded, except perhaps for the one I am carrying and I hope to be found in a pile of freshly fired brass.

The one gun that really interests me is the Browning 95 SRC.
Last edited by Scott Tschirhart on Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rimfire McNutjob
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rimfire McNutjob »

Can someone tell me what revolvers #86 and #87 are? Lightings?

I do like there ERMA .22 Luger carbine and I am, of course, a sucker for a nice Smith Model 53 Jet with the extra cylinder ... though I need an 8-3/8", not a 6".
... I love poetry, long walks on the beach, and poking dead things with a stick.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Sixgun wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 12:45 pm "where rolls of green are as common as big noses at at bar mitzvah"

Really?
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Just took my time looking through them......except for 3, maybe 4, I wouldn't go if the auction was right down the road.....even the good stuff has caveat emptors....accessorized..... Lots of "common gun shop guns"......(stuff that's in every gunshop) ,imported junk.....
Model A Uzi’s
ollogger
Advanced Levergunner

Post by ollogger »

An interesting side note to this neighbor, he lived by himself, didn't like or get along with anybody, and 106 of the 130+ guns were loaded. His farm is about three miles from mine.
[/quote]

Vic I knew Jerry pretty well years ago when i lived around Augusta. he loved his bikes guns & beer. he worked for EauClaire county as did my Dad, maybe that helped as he did like my Dad, even know some folks in Wyo. that knew him. for some years he hunted their ranch around Lusk Wyo. was sad when i seen that Jerry died

Brad
TraderVic
Levergunner 3.0

Post by TraderVic »

ollogger wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:59 pm An interesting side note to this neighbor, he lived by himself, didn't like or get along with anybody, and 106 of the 130+ guns were loaded. His farm is about three miles from mine.
Vic I knew Jerry pretty well years ago when i lived around Augusta. he loved his bikes guns & beer. he worked for EauClaire county as did my Dad, maybe that helped as he did like my Dad, even know some folks in Wyo. that knew him. for some years he hunted their ranch around Lusk Wyo. was sad when i seen that Jerry died

Brad

[/quote]

Small world Brad, I didn't know Jerry personally. His neighbor across the road filled me in while we were building fence recently. My farm is about three miles west of Jerry's farm. The neighbor said Jerry wasn't always ornery, but in recent years that apparently changed a bit.
I was considering bidding on one of the leverguns, but likely won't. Thanks for telling your story.
Vic