Firefox Browser

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Firefox Browser

Post by Pitchy »

Dang it anyway, firefox keeps updating and it changes the look which is terrible.
Checked the ask first before updating did three restores back to the way it was and it does it again, frustrating guess i`ll have to have the new look or dump it all together.
I liked the big link boxes now they are little ugly boxes. :twisted:
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Firefox Browser

Post by Bill in Oregon »

I switched to Google Chrome a couple of years ago. Currently experimenting with Duck Duck Go. I despise anything from Microsoft, with its dreadful Bing search and maps.
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

I like the new Firefox look, plus it seems to do everything faster. I use Duck-Duck as my search engine.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Larkbill wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:31 am I like the new Firefox look, plus it seems to do everything faster. I use Duck-Duck as my search engine.
same here. the new update kind of threw me a little, but i like it a lot. it seems simpler on screen, and the tabs are easier to see and sort, for me. it is taking a while to get used to some of the changes. when i start fooling with it i'll make the tabs higher contrast.

Pitchy, the "look" is completely customizable. i think the default is to use your computer system color scheme. did the look you like have a theme name? when you get the browser where you like it you can save that setup as a theme.
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Thanks guys, i found the change the theme page and put some color on. :) :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
4t5
Senior Levergunner

Post by 4t5 »

Duck Duck Go here also. Like it well so far.
Rumble.com/ hickock45
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I thought duck-duck-go was a search engine, and Firefox was a browser...???

Does either one serve in both roles...?

I think I tried Firefox a few years ago and it seemed like they were defunct and no longer supported; was I being fooled by google or something?
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Alan Wood
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Alan Wood »

The problem with web browsers these days is that they are all enemies of there users! I forget what the last straw was that made me switch from Firefox to googles Chrome but it was the last straw of many not just a single back stabbing. I use google Chrome not because I like it but rather because at the moment it seems to stab its users less than the others. :(
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

Yes Duck duck go is a search engine, the browser is Firefox.
Dang putors are a pain one way or another imo. anyway and i sometimes wonder why i don`t use it for a target. :)
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

My ten year old I-Mac, used with Chrome has been flawless and easy to use. Later this year, I believe I'll get another new I-Mac and a decent monochrome laser printer. That should do me until they throw dirt on me. :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Rusty
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Rusty »

The last time I had a puter that was showing signs of problems I put my money into a chromebook. It works fine for surfing the net watching Youtube videos and sending emails. Since I don't need to run spread sheets or things like that it works fins for me. The main thing from my stand point is that it's not so likely to be hacked.
If you're gonna be stupid ya gotta be tough-
Isiah 55:8&9

It's easier to fool people than it is to convince them they have been fooled.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

We all use what we personally feel works best for us. Does not mean it will for someone else.
Personally, I don't want anything "google" on mine if I can help it. When I ditched google I went in an wiped the registry as clean from it as I possibly could.
That's just me and my own phobias.
:D
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

I don`t like Goggle either but they seem to be tied to everything, i was going to get rid of it also but found that i have to sign into my Utube studio with it. :(
Because I Can, and Have
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Pitchy wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:49 pm I don`t like Goggle either but they seem to be tied to everything, i was going to get rid of it also but found that i have to sign into my Utube studio with it. :(
Yessir. That is true.
By not having google cookies etc. I end up having to verify it is me by a text message every time I want to upload. For me, it's a small price to pay.

EDIT .. I also use Tor browser quite a bit. It is much slower than all the others due to going through so many relays, but it is about the closest thing we have to being anonymous on the web. I doubt pretty much that it is totally, but it's close.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

EDIT .. I also use Tor browser quite a bit. It is much slower than all the others due to going through so many relays, but it is about the closest thing we have to being anonymous on the web. I doubt pretty much that it is totally, but it's close.
Jim, I use Tor sometimes but it's important to use a VPN. The one I use and still recommend is PIA, privateinternetaccess.com

all of your traffic, including wifi, is "military grade" encrypted. I have verified this with a packet sniffer, I can see every packet in and out and the ones in the tunnel are encrypted. this anonymizes your IP and traffic. Tor leaves, or did leave, the exit router unencrypted.

You can pick a router in a lot of countries. I sometimes route through Israel and run speedtest, which returns ads in Hebrew. This verifies the altered IP...