Marlin 1894 45 Colt

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JK622
Levergunner

Marlin 1894 45 Colt

Post by JK622 »

Finally!!! found one I could afford. Should be here next week. Range report comin... I'll have to pull up all of Paco's and Jim Taylor's old articles to find me some loads!
1894 45Colt.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re: Marlin 1894 45 Colt

Post by AmBraCol »

Waiting for a new rifle is a pleasant torture. 8)
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

NICE! that will be a very fun friend to get acquainted with
TomF
Levergunner 2.0

Post by TomF »

Mine is the cowboy model. I cast the LEE 250 gr RF at .453. Load with Unique. Clays on the 100 yd berm are easy. You're gonna like it!
JK622
Levergunner

Post by JK622 »

Ruger N Vaquero 45 Colt.JPG
MtnGn45Colt-2.jpg
I don't cast but I use alot of cast bullets in various calibers. I have a Ruger large frame Vaquero and an S&W Mountain Gun in 45 Colt but I've been lookin a long time for a Marlin in that caliber. I went back and read a bunch of those articles this afternoon and got some more bullets ordered. I'm rearin to go!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

One could make a case for a Marlin 1894 in 45 Colt to be the ‘one gun’ that pretty much could meet all practical needs. Add a Ruger Redhawk in the same Chambering and you really cover a lot of things.

I have that ‘pair’ in 44 Mag - and I also do finally in 45 Colt by virtue of snagging a Marlin 45 Colt round barrel from Numrich Arms a couple years ago and swapping onto a 44 Mag rifle. The finishes don’t match (gun Parkerized & barrel blued) and someday I need to take care of of that, but it is probably the ‘better’ pair vs the 44 Mag one, other than I’ve got WAY more 44 Mag brass from the ‘pre-45-Colt years’... :D

You gonna have FUN... 8) 8)
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

AmBraCol wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:40 amWaiting for a new rifle is a pleasant torture. 8)
Aye, that it is! I'm still waiting on news of the Trapper length 1860 in 45 Colt... although like my Marlin 1894, it'll be converted the Cowboy45Special! Like it, the 1860 will still be capable of loading the 45 Colt singly directly into the chamber...

Most of my 45 Colt rifles (6) like a 200 grain RFN ahead of 6.5 grains of RedDot. Pleasant shooting and seals the chamber pretty well to keep fouling out of the action.
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
JK622
Levergunner

Post by JK622 »

Finally! picked up the Marlin 45 Colt day before yesterday, cleaned it, and mounted a2-7x Weaver. Even though a Remlin fit and finish is excellent and has some pretty nice wood. I cleaned it and loaded up some 250gr. XTP's with 19grs. 2400 and took it to the range yesterday. I kid you not wind was 25 to 35 mph and very gusty. The targets stayed on long enough for me to get it zeroed at 100 and fire three 3-shot groups. They ran between 2 and 3 inches. I know it will do much better but I won't waste any more precious components until the wind eases up.At least I know it's ready to go for hogs or social work. And by the way, it functioned flawlessly for 20 rds.- slick as a whistle! It's a keeper!
Marlin 1894 45Colt.jpg
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I sold my only 45 colt lever a couple years ago to finance some other purchase and thought oh that shouldn’t be too hard to replace. WRONG. I have pcc in lot of calibers but no 45colt. Congratulations on your purchase.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
Griff
Posting leader...

Post by Griff »

fordwannabe wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:42 amI have pcc in lot of calibers but no 45colt. Congratulations on your purchase.
+1 on the congratulations on the purchase... and condolences Tom on the lack of stellar performance in your stable! If I had one I was willing let go, I'd let you make an offer... even if they're all "foreign stuff" according to some!

But, really JK622, a suitcase handle? :P
Griff,
SASS/CMSA #93
NRA Patron
GUSA #93

There is a fine line between hobby & obsession!
AND... I'm over it!!
No I ain't ready, but let's do it anyway!
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

Just as well That you don’t have an extra Griff I have two leverguns in the shop and don’t know how much it will cost to get them out.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.