Had a nice phone visit last night.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
JimT
Shootist

Had a nice phone visit last night.

Post by JimT »

I received a nice phone call last night from Paul Persinger. It's been a few years since I heard from him. Back in the 1980's when he had just moved to the US from the Yukon, he stayed with my wife and I for a short while, then roomed with my Dad and Mom. He was just a kid then, starting out. Those were good times.

He is still making grips. He has done more than a few sets for me and they are all excellent. I love the way he makes the Colt SA A one-piece grips. For me they are some of the best. I have some of his ivory work and also Bighorn Sheep. The Ebony grips on my .41 Magnum are by him also. Hand-checkered 32 lines to the inch. Amazing work.

He told me he is needing ivory. If anyone in Texas reading this has ivory that can be made into grips, he is interested in purchasing it. Texas residents who own ivory can legally sell it within the State. Limiting the sales of ivory that way has put quite a few people out of work .. people who were not dealing in illegal ivory but who had legitimate businesses.

If you are interested in Custom Grips for your handgun .. sixgun or autoloader ... Paul is one of the good guys. He lives in El Paso and you can contact him at 1-915-821-7541.

A Couple of Grips by Persinger

Carved Ivory
bisley6a.jpg
bisley7a.jpg
Bighorn Sheep on Colt SAA
saa3.JPG
saa4.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JimT on Thu May 06, 2021 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Had a nice phone visit last night.

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I'll call him. I need a set of one piece SAA grips and this is the opportunity.
GunnyMack
Advanced Levergunner

Post by GunnyMack »

Oooo I like those BigHorn grips!
BROWN LABS MATTER !!
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Haven't heard that name for a while but recall the fine quality of his work! Wish I had some ivory to help him with. Anyone here active in the Dallas Safari Club?
vancelw
Advanced Levergunner

Post by vancelw »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 7:54 pm Haven't heard that name for a while but recall the fine quality of his work! Wish I had some ivory to help him with. Anyone here active in the Dallas Safari Club?
By "active" I'm a member and go to the Convention every year...but that's about as active in club dealings as I get.
Wish I had some ivory...
"Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world." - Thomas Carlyle
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Vance, I reached out to past DSC president Karl Evans in Waxahachie to see if he had any ideas on ivory sources. Hope he can help.
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

Gorgeous grips!
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

He has some real skill. Those would sure be worth showing off at a barbecue.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost