A Message From Brother Jim Taylor

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

A Message From Brother Jim Taylor

Post by Blaine »

He emailed this morning.

A lot of people are caught up in all the negativity that goes on in this world. It influences how they see life and how they feel. Much of the media does not help, since negativity sells. The problem is this: focusing on the darkness is unhealthy! It is not helpful mentally, physically or spiritually. What we need to focus on is the positive, the good, the light. It is easy to find problems with almost anything but that is not productive. What is productive is finding the good in things.

I am not saying there is no "wrong" in the world. Of course there is. We are humans and we make wrong choices. What I am trying to say is, do not focus on the wrong! Acknowledge it, yes. Don't agree with it, of course. But simply stop listening to those whose message is a focus on the wrong! Don't be manipulated by them.

Instead, let's make our focus on being a light in the darkness.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Re: A Message From Brother Jim Taylor

Post by Pitchy »

Very true but hard for the man that has a kind heart and thinks to much. :)
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
1886Lever
Levergunner

Post by 1886Lever »

(Phillipians 4:8) Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable—if there is any virtue and if there is anything worthy of praise—dwell on these things.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

8) Evidently crossing the Amen Corner is not popular. :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

Blaine wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 12:37 pm 8) Evidently crossing the Amen Corner is not popular. :lol:
never heard that expression. what does that mean?
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

ok, re-reading your post i understand that, but still don't know "amen corner". maybe it's a pub, idk.

if i were seriously against the apostle paul, i would seriously expect to be canceled hereafter. had no idea there are entire denominations devoted to that future.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Grizz wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:38 pm ok, re-reading your post i understand that, but still don't know "amen corner". maybe it's a pub, idk.

if i were seriously against the apostle paul, i would seriously expect to be canceled hereafter. had no idea there are entire denominations devoted to that future.
I didn't either....

Amen Corner is just another colloquialism, not found in the Bible, so I don't imagine you have any interest in it.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

The Amen Corner is:
1. a play
2. a rock band
3. people in a church who say "Amen" whenever the preacher makes a point they like.

:D
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

JimT wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:01 pm The Amen Corner is:
1. a play
2. a rock band
3. people in a church who say "Amen" whenever the preacher makes a point they like.

:D
"...way down yonder to the Amen! pew, where sat Sister Bertha, the Better than You..."
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

There is also this one.
https://youtu.be/hVkZXKgc3TA
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Feb 11, 2022 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

piller wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:24 pm There is also this one.
https://youtu.be/hVkZXKgc3TA
Hadn't heard that one before, but have (unfortunately) met up with folks like the committee, and like brother Eyre.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

There ain't nothing as mean as a religious person who thinks they know God's will and are willing to use force and/or violence to enforce it. As Blaise Pascal said, "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction."
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

JimT wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:49 am There ain't nothing as mean as a religious person who thinks they know God's will and are willing to use force and/or violence to enforce it. As Blaise Pascal said, "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction."

For freedom Christ has set us free; stand firm therefore, and do not submit again to a yoke of slavery. - Galatians 5:1

Yet too many Christians seek to enslave others to their interpretation of Scriptures. One of the blackest aspects of the Reformation is when they started warring with each other and burning "heretics" at the stake, just like the Roman church had done.

One of the most ignored of the Parables in application is the parable of the weeds (tares in the KJV).
He put another parable before them, saying, “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a man who sowed good seed in his field, but while his men were sleeping, his enemy came and sowed weeds among the wheat and went away. So when the plants came up and bore grain, then the weeds appeared also. And the servants of the master of the house came and said to him, ‘Master, did you not sow good seed in your field? How then does it have weeds?’ He said to them, ‘An enemy has done this.’ So the servants said to him, ‘Then do you want us to go and gather them?’ But he said, ‘No, lest in gathering the weeds you root up the wheat along with them. Let both grow together until the harvest, and at harvest time I will tell the reapers, “Gather the weeds first and bind them in bundles to be burned, but gather the wheat into my barn.”’” Matthew 13:24-30
Folks get so wrought up about rooting out weeds that they forget to produce wheat.
Paul - in Pereira

JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

AmBraCol wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:05 am Folks get so wrought up about rooting out weeds that they forget to produce wheat.
EXCELLENT!!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That is too true!
Besides that, what some folks consider weeds, others consider flowers. I like prickly pear cactus jelly, and the pads cleaned up and chopped into small pieces to be cooked into scrambled eggs. I have mint growing wild in my yard. Some of it gets picked and frozen to be made into mint tea in the Winter. Sort of like those whom GOD uses. Not all are thornless roses. Some are cactus fruit. Sort of prickly on the outside to withstand lots of adversity, but actually sweet on the inside and able to spread the Lord's word in harsh climates.
D. Brian Casady
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Brother Jim guided me back to my Christian roots....His "Papa God", he taught me, is one of love and acceptance rather than an Old Testament God of smiting and vengeance. I thought I had been far too evil in past deeds to ever receive Grace. Jim convinced me otherwise.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

JimT wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:49 am There ain't nothing as mean as a religious person who thinks they know God's will and are willing to use force and/or violence to enforce it. As Blaise Pascal said, "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction."

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." — C. S. LEWIS

:idea:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

that went fast, i daren't say amen without clarification. i thought that amen-corner was somehow attached to the notion that there are denominations that did not include Paul's letters in their version of NT . . .

there is a tremendous amount of tension between the commands "judge not lest ye be judged" and "judge righteous judgement".

two things that can be fully energized by dumping Paul's epistles . . .
JimT
Shootist

Post by JimT »

Grizz wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:07 pm there is a tremendous amount of tension between the commands "judge not lest ye be judged" and "judge righteous judgement".

Or, instead of taking apart an ancient writing, one could learn how to judge righteous judgment without judging. :D
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

JimT wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:06 pm
Grizz wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:07 pm there is a tremendous amount of tension between the commands "judge not lest ye be judged" and "judge righteous judgement".

Or, instead of taking apart an ancient writing, one could learn how to judge righteous judgment without judging. :D
E X A C T L Y

or, one can use spiritual discernment to avoid destroying someone

easier said than done sometimes.

the ancient writings are the key to understanding that one is condemnation, the other is discernment. one is the sole possession of the Sovereign concerning His Justice, the other is a gift from Christ's Spirit.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Jim, that is not impossible, but it takes a lot of effort. Not everyone is willing to remove their personal desires from their vision of what they actually see. Blindness is not just in the eyes.
D. Brian Casady
FWiedner
Advanced Levergunner

Post by FWiedner »

I thought the "amen-corner" might be where the "Bible-thumpers" congregated to "Preach to the Choir".

:oops:
Government office attracts the power-mad, yet it's people who just want to be left alone to live life on their own terms who are considered dangerous.

History teaches that it's a small window in which people can fight back before it is too dangerous to fight back.