New "used" Ithaca LAPD speicial up for sale

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

New "used" Ithaca LAPD speicial up for sale

Post by CowboyTutt »

Rare day that two of these come up for sale in the same year. Probably far too much for most of us right now, I splurged last year, betting this one sells for similar to my price, maybe even more. They are very nice shotguns however, and you get two shotguns for one for the price!

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/897858335
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Re: New "used" Ithaca LAPD speicial up for sale

Post by Old Savage »

OK, if you just want a "pretty". Not too good as a user gun.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: New "used" Ithaca LAPD speicial up for sale

Post by CowboyTutt »

Why do you say that OS? :?: McPherson has shot them before. Back when Ithica was at its peak quality, they were producing excellent and very accurate shotguns. Even with a smooth bore it shot slugs accurately and with a rifled bore it was rifle accurate. These are not a "beater gun", another Ithaca could serve that purpose, or an 870 Rem or 590 pump. I'm hoping to add 1-2 more interchangeable barrels for mine. Nice feature. -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel