Colt Navy for sale

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Colt Navy for sale

Post by Grizz »

not mine

http://landandseacollection.com/id1139.html

hope it suits someone
AmBraCol
Webservant

Re: Colt Navy for sale

Post by AmBraCol »

I can't help but wonder how much they're asking for it. Didn't find that bit of info anywhere. Just 60 years back that was probably only a $10-20 "fixer upper" in such condition. I suspect they've tacked a few zeros on behind those figures.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

i've dealt with them before. they require people to email them for price, which i have done in the past, which is why i saw this revolver, which is a new-ish item for this outfit. i don't know if that revolver has any value at all.
M. M. Wright
Advanced Levergunner

Post by M. M. Wright »

Recently sold an 1860 Army in like condition. Not as rare as the Navy but I would guess that it will bring in the 1800 to 2000 dollar range.
M. M. Wright, Sheriff, Green county Arkansas (1860)
Currently living my eternal life.
NRA Life
SASS
ITSASS
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

M. M. Wright wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 10:36 am Recently sold an 1860 Army in like condition. Not as rare as the Navy but I would guess that it will bring in the 1800 to 2000 dollar range.
I sold an 1860 about a month or two ago also . Got $1500 for it .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

The period holster will add some value also. If any maker's mark could be found on the holster, it could add even more, depending on the maker.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

Cool find. 8)

Be even better if it was in shootable condition.

-Stretch
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

I'm not in the market, but I am curious if anyone checked it out.
coyote nose
Levergunner 2.0

Post by coyote nose »

Actually this is pretty decent condition and probably is shootable if the cylinder and barrel are sound. Replaced triggerguard screw and some condition issues but not bad. However, the mismatched cylinder is a killer. The seller says its an easy mistake for an assembler to make, perhaps, but whenever you have to sell an antique gun with an explanation for something amiss...the price should drop. With a matched cylinder at a gun show a 1861 Navy in that condition would go for maybe around 1500. Less if the seller wanted to get rid of it right away (I have seen them for 1200 like this, but matching). With the unmatched cylinder.....maybe 1000? I dont know for sure as I stay away from unmatched Colts. The seller also mentions that maybe only 1100 exist today. Kind of hard to believe....the general train of thought in the antique firearm field is that pre-civilwar firearm survival rates are near 20%, with the percentage rising as the years increase. So a civil war era revolver made to the tune of 39000 means very roughly more than 8000 exist today. The other thing is that as the age of us old geezers that like these old firearms increases...there are more of these things entering the market place with a decline of people actively buying them. I call it the 'glockification" of the gun community. Low end antiques like this I feel, my 2 cents only, wont increase dramatically and may be hard to sell 10 or so years from now. But what do I know? I thought we'd never see a NEW 1873 from Winchester!
"...for there is a cloud on my horizon...and its name is progress." E. Abbey, 1958
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

this is the kind of info i have no background in, its just idle curiosity for me, but most of the guys on this forum have vast amounts of knowledge about firearms. Thanks for posting the context...