Pretty Nice Design - SIG Rattler

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Pretty Nice Design - SIG Rattler

Post by AJMD429 »

I could see this or something similar replacing the 'buffer-tube' design of the AR...
SIG Rattler.jpg

Video on the Internal Design of the Rattler - https://youtu.be/0zohy9NrSPA

For something like a 300 Blackout pistol build, it seems really ideal.

Nonetheless, I find little fault with the more traditional 'AR' setup I have for 300 Blk.
0F562CCB-1F0D-48D4-9AFF-6FD0B0C12921.jpeg
https://levergunscommunity.org/viewtopi ... =1&t=78148
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by AJMD429 on Tue Apr 06, 2021 5:46 am, edited 3 times in total.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Pretty Nice Design - SIG Rattler

Post by piller »

Not really a fan of the 300 blackput, but in some short platform it seems like a decent idea for short range interpersonal crisis situations.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I'm a big fan of the .300 Blackout cartridge.

I've tried for several years to find an acceptable 5.56/.233 round that I think is a good deer load. It always seemed to work out the same, very small bullet hole and no penetration, or it would zip trough without causing a great deal of damage, and again small bullet holes and very little blood trail. It will kill hogs, but the buzzards find them sometimes before I do.

Since I switched to the .300, I don't have any problem following a blood trail and the trail seems unnecessary because it takes deer and hogs down very quickly.

My most used .300 is a Ruger American bolt gun, but a personal favorite is the Daniel Defense DDM4 PDW. It is similar in size to the two photos in this thread, but it really gives nothing up in performance.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I prefer the 7.62x39. Just me.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Scott Tschirhart wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:51 am I'm a big fan of the .300 Blackout cartridge.

I've tried for several years to find an acceptable 5.56/.233 round that I think is a good deer load. It always seemed to work out the same, very small bullet hole and no penetration, or it would zip trough without causing a great deal of damage, and again small bullet holes and very little blood trail. It will kill hogs, but the buzzards find them sometimes before I do.

Since I switched to the .300, I don't have any problem following a blood trail and the trail seems unnecessary because it takes deer and hogs down very quickly.

My most used .300 is a Ruger American bolt gun, but a personal favorite is the Daniel Defense DDM4 PDW. It is similar in size to the two photos in this thread, but it really gives nothing up in performance.
:wink: Big Nose Kate is very, very jealous.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

Blaine wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 11:38 am :wink: Big Nose Kate is very, very jealous.
Maybe I will take her to Raton in June to make it up to her.

Come to think of it, I never had to follow a blood trail when I used Kate. They kind of crumpled up right there.