I think ................ ,

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

I think ................ ,

Post by 6pt-sika »

I think I’m going to bust a blood vessel . I was checking my flight reservations for JULY and Lordy Lordy my flights into and out of Manila have been cancelled AGAIN . It’s about a third of a year before my Scheduled arrival and for the FOURTH time they’ve been cancelled . Jesus , Mary and Joseph doesn’t seem like I can catch a break in this crud related garbage . I last saw the family in person in August of 2019 so if I’d left in July it would’ve been two years . Now it looks as if I’ll most likely rebook for a December January trip .
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
piller
Posting leader...

Re: I think ................ ,

Post by piller »

That totally sucks! Prayers up for things to work out.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

piller wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:01 am That totally sucks! Prayers up for things to work out.
Thank you ! I may live long enough to get over there one more time :lol:
Pitchy
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Pitchy »

That is a bummer hope things get better soon.
Because I Can, and Have
-------------------------------------------------------------
USAF-72-76
God Bless America.
Disclaimer, not responsible for anyone copying or building anything i make.
Always consult an expert first.
AmBraCol
Webservant

Post by AmBraCol »

I can certainly identify. Last year I had plans to visit my mom and siblings for her birthday and had tickets purchased. A few weeks later all flights in and out of the country except for certain freight and "humanitarian" flights were cancelled. The weeks crept by and I was given the option to reschedule the US portion of my flight schedule, to which I pointed out "Check out the origin flight. I can't get there from here." So they refunded my ticket. Now I've got another flight scheduled for this year. We'll see how it plays out. International family can really put the crimp on family time. What gets me is families who live much closer but who never make the time to get together.
Paul - in Pereira

"He is the best friend of American liberty who is most sincere and active in promoting true and undefiled religion." -- John Witherspoon

http://www.paulmoreland.com
http://www.pistolpackingpreachers.us
http://www.precisionandina.com
wecsoger
Senior Levergunner

Post by wecsoger »

Sympathies.

A blogger I follow ( https://comeandmakeit.blogspot.com/ ) is saying they're in a severe lockdown in Manila, much, much worse than here in the states. They're acting like it's the Black Death.
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

wecsoger wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:16 pm Sympathies.

A blogger I follow ( https://comeandmakeit.blogspot.com/ ) is saying they're in a severe lockdown in Manila, much, much worse than here in the states. They're acting like it's the Black Death.
They’re calling it the third strain of the crud . They had a single day in Manila a few days before the latest lockdown where they had I think it was 4,500 new cases . Not saying they’re wrong in their thinking but that’s why they’re locked down now .
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

According to the advocates of ivermectin, that could have been avoided had they distributed it and encouraged its use. Not 100% sure they're right, but the data in Peru are pretty compelling towards that conclusion... :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

AJMD429 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:37 pm According to the advocates of ivermectin, that could have been avoided had they distributed it and encouraged its use. Not 100% sure they're right, but the data in Peru are pretty compelling towards that conclusion... :|
I’m scheduled for the second moderna shot next Tuesday . Not quite sure if it’s what they think it is but I’ll have it none the less . The shot availability in the Philippines isn’t good at the moment of course I want the boss to get it and our daughter as she’s asmatic . My mother in law is of concern as well since she’s 87 as well as my grandson who’s only five .
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Having had CoVid, I think it is probably not as bad for those my age and younger as we are told. For older people and asthmatics, I can see the danger. My Wife is 2 years older than me. She had symptoms for 2 days. The virus was not as bad as a cold for her.
D. Brian Casady
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I hope things work out for you 6pt. I once lived in Maine when my folks were in Florida and THAT seemed a long distance. When I had the VID it was worse than a cold not as bad as the flu. Losing my sense is f smell and taste for 5 days was disconcerting, however.
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I like my coffee. Not being able to taste or smell it for a few days was indeed odd.
D. Brian Casady