Name of radio show & show host

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Name of radio show & show host

Post by Ray Newman »

Colleagues:thought about several evening/late night radio shows that I listened to. One was a show out of Nevada on the AM dial. Hosted by Art -----?? Believe he died unexpectable and at an early age. Dealt with UFOs, paranormal events/happenings, ghosts, time travel, etc. Some of the topics and callers were interesting and a bit thought provoking and some were well just very strange.

Anyone remember this show? Seems like I don’t know of many who listen to late night/evening radio anymore. I would listen more but around here the reception is not very good “after the sun goes down.”
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Name of radio show & show host

Post by OldWin »

Art Bell I believe.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

That sounds like a interesting show... 8) Years ago I used to listen to the American Forces Network, I remember actor Hugh O'Brien every now and then telling troops to keep their rifles clean.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Once in a while....on the way to hunting...
I will listen to it for a while....
but some of the guests....well...
their elevator do not go all the way to the top floor...
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
ndcowboy
Levergunner 2.0

Post by ndcowboy »

Coast to Coast with Art Bell. It is still on the air. It is now hosted by George Noory and has a huge following.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

I listen to Art Bell show every sat. night here in Maine. One of the most interesting host and shows ever! Up here they call the show somewhere in time.
He's had so many former military men who claim to have been working on UFO that crashed in Roswell N.M. in 1947. Lot's of interesting stuff for people
who suffer from insomnia! I think he got to close to thinks that certain people didn't want to get out. He gave up the show and left the country for some years!
He came back and started the show up again. Supposedly he died of a overdose of Opiates'. The show is still on with George Nori, who doesn't hold a candle to Art Bell!
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Interesting how his show got a ‘kooky’ reputation in part cuz all of the UFO stuff, when now they’ve released reports saying the government knew of many verified UFO sightings.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Ray Newman
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray Newman »

OldWin was the first to get my answer right -- Art Bell! Thanks to OldWin and the others with his name and the name of the show.
The most important aspect of this signature line is that you don't realize it doesn't say anything significant until you are just about done reading it & then it is too late to stop reading it....
Grand Poo Bah WA F.E.S.

In real life may you be the bad butt that you claim to be on social media.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

OldWin wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:19 pm Art Bell I believe.
Yep
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Post by OldWin »

Ray Newman wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:58 am OldWin was the first to get my answer right -- Art Bell! Thanks to OldWin and the others with his name and the name of the show.
Thank you Ray. I used to listen to, and enjoy, Art Bell. Used to tune in coming home from work or at hunting camp.
He was an incredible host, and could hook you in easily.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

i listened to Art in Alaska when night time long haul medium wave radio filled the dark nights... kfbk, sacramento and kgo, s.f.
now my pillow speaker sometimes has George Noorey, and occasionally something of truth.

this is a good place to post my ufo theory:
2Kings6_17 And Elisha prayed, and said, YHWY, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And YHWH opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.
i suspect that our King allows glimpses of things going on all around us, because our country is faithless, and because Father still loves us infinitely. there may be six dimensions that we cannot normally see or sense or use, where the spirit beings appear to operate. if it's true that physical reality is really 10 dimensional. Hugh Ross, astrophysicist and astronomer, has interesting stuff to contemplate about this. imagine a 10 dimensional chess board! this notion of other dimensions is the theme of stargate and other scifi stories
fordwannabe
Advanced Levergunner

Post by fordwannabe »

I drove truck for a little more than a decade. Art and I had many hours together in the cab of that old truck. The somewhere in time stuff is repeats kind nd a f a best of
a Pennsylvanian who has been accused of clinging to my religion and my guns......Good assessment skills.