Some old.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Some old.....

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
ywaltzucanrknrl
Levergunner 2.0

Re: Some old.....

Post by ywaltzucanrknrl »

I always liked Bob Dylan and the Band, The Basement Tapes----and Levon Helm was good then but I really like his newer albums like "Levon Helm---Electric Dirt, released in 2009 I believe. I guess he had throat cancer and they thought his voice would not come back after treatments, but on the 2009 album he sounds as good as he did in 1975.
Some of the best Americana music there is.
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

I also love the Band! I recently discovered a 1966 film on you Tube of Dylan and the Band doing a European tour. In 1966 most of the people wanted Dylan's acoustic music. They were received well with that loud new fangled Rock & Roll! I especially like Dylan's version of Johnny Cash song, One to many morning. Some ground breaking sound. I remember my dad playing it when I was a kid. I remember thinking that there were to many singers in this Band! All great vocalist and musicians one and all! Every now and then I put on The Last Waltz dvd and rock out! My wife just rolls her eye's! Not that again, YES HONEY its the BAND!!
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
Oldncrusty
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Oldncrusty »

Absilutely! CCR is number one, The Band, two, on my fav rock bands list. Also adore Levons solo work.
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
Last edited by Ray on Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
m.A.g.a. !
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Ray wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 3:47 pm
JOG wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:37 am I also love the Band! I recently discovered a 1966 film on you Tube of Dylan and the Band doing a European tour. In 1966 most of the people wanted Dylan's acoustic music. They were received well with that loud new fangled Rock & Roll! I especially like Dylan's version of Johnny Cash song, One to many morning. Some ground breaking sound. I remember my dad playing it when I was a kid. I remember thinking that there were to many singers in this Band! All great vocalist and musicians one and all! Every now and then I put on The Last Waltz dvd and rock out! My wife just rolls her eye's! Not that again, YES HONEY its the BAND!!
You will notice that levon is missing from that 1966 european tour where the disappointed limeys yelled "judas" at dylan. Levon commented on his own absence, "I could never abide being booed ! I bummed around and worked odd jobs here and there"

Almost the whole of "the last waltz" just a portion of which is on the dvd. That was a long concert.....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gyLEOYdgcAY

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5boo08FaGt4

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YiEWeaM-D78&t=0s

Part 3 starts with the actual concert version of "the weight" that was omitted from the film and replaced with the film studio sound stage version with the staples family.....
That's some great footage Ray! I'm a big Clapton fan! I saw him three times over the years. I saw the ARMS tour in Madison Square Garden in N.Y.C. in 1983. The lineup was Jimmy Page, Eric Clapton, Ron Wood. with Paul Roger on vocals! They were all trying to outdo each other with smiles on there faces!
Ray
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Ray »

Deleted.
m.A.g.a. !