Tom Selleck.

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Tom Selleck.

Post by gamekeeper »

Just watched and enjoyed " Last Stand at Saber River " it's set in 1865 Texas and Arizona, thanks to Tom no SSA .45s no Winchester 92s but a lot of other interesting firearms.. 8)
The Hall breech loading carbine for one..
500px-LSASR_107.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: Tom Selleck.

Post by Blaine »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:09 pm Just watched and enjoyed " Last Stand at Saber River " it's set in 1865 Texas and Arizona, thanks to Tom no SSA .45s no Winchester 92s but a lot of other interesting firearms.. 8)
I was watching an old John Wayne movie that was supposed to have taken place in the 1840s....they had some nice 92s and a S&W double action. :lol: :lol:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Which would you rather have, a Hollywood with incorrect period firearms that supports the ownership of firearms or a Hollywood with period correct firearms that wants to disarm you?
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

If there were more producers and movie stars like Tom Selleck in Hollywood we could have period correct firearms and more support for firearm ownership. I know he stepped down from the board of the NRA for work reasons but I assume he is still a supporter of the Second Amendment.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

Hopefully its on the free selection!
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Ysabel Kid

Post by Ysabel Kid »

gamekeeper wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:03 pm If there were more producers and movie stars like Tom Selleck in Hollywood we could have period correct firearms and more support for firearm ownership. I know he stepped down from the board of the NRA for work reasons but I assume he is still a supporter of the Second Amendment.
I believe he is. Selleck, ever since he could call the shots on his own movies, has insisted on authenticity for the firearms. He's even used his own guns. Wish there were a lot more like him, versus hypocrites like Liam Neeson who use guns in every movie they make yet are gun-control pi$$-ants... :evil: :evil: :evil:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Too many actors make movies which shows them using guns and being violent, then publicly campaign against firearm ownership. Tom Selleck is one of an honest and disappearing breed.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

jeepnik wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:41 pm Which would you rather have, a Hollywood with incorrect period firearms that supports the ownership of firearms or a Hollywood with period correct firearms that wants to disarm you?
Hollywood sells gun violence, but has never really supported guns for "us"....
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

It just goes to show you what hypocrites they are! There was nothing on tv the other night when I came across some movie with Ed O'Neal was some crime boss trying to kill Liam Nielson for killing his criminal son. In the end Nielson had a nice old Winchester 92 in 44-40. Of course he killed the bad guy with it!
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

Post by RIHMFIRE »

Saw an interview with Selleck about his movies...
He goes to great lengths to make sure that all the props,
cloths, hats, boots, spurs, gun belts, guns, saddles and even the horses are period correct.

I think it was the interview at his induction to the cowboy hall of fame
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Blue Bloods is becoming very PC these days. Anti gun sentiments are creeping in. I suppose the writers and network have input and are slipping in their own agenda.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I just wish Selleck hadn't stopped making westerns!! And I wish he'd go back to them now as an older actor. I think there's plenty of demand for well done westerns today.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
stretch
Advanced Levergunner

Post by stretch »

When I was home sick one time, I stumbled across one of these appearances of Tom Selleck on the
Rosie O'Donnell Show.

She's trying to wind him up and all but calls him an idiot. He remains a gentleman, even under
significant provocation. He's a class act, as well as a great actor and leading man.

And I agree, he makes good Westerns. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwPTUktp0gI

-Stretch
Larkbill
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Larkbill »

jeepnik wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:32 am Blue Bloods is becoming very PC these days. Anti gun sentiments are creeping in. I suppose the writers and network have input and are slipping in their own agenda.
My wife watches it and commented on exactly what you said. I would bet he has much less control over a show like this than on a movie he was co-producing.

I can't watch Bluebloods, my New York Aversion Syndrome kicks in big time. I'm sick of NYC and all that goes with it.
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

Selleck is one of the producers. This gets him a larger paycheck. But he still has to do as he’s told by the network.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

jeepnik wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:33 am Selleck is one of the producers. This gets him a larger paycheck. But he still has to do as he’s told by the network.
I think you may be wrong there? Looking at a list of 60 individuals involved as producers on Bluebloods, Selleck is not listed as one.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt1595859/fullcredits/producer
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Stretch, thanks for posting that video link. It really captures the integrity of Tom S. and the "set up" offered by Rossie O. He was indeed, a gentleman, he just showed up to benefit his movie, and she was of course, her usual disgusting self. Ug.

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

President Trump was right about Rosie O'Donnel. Or was that some other obnoxious personality?