snooze you loose

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
dad
Levergunner 1.0

snooze you loose

Post by dad »

Went by my favorite sports store today. They had a Henry H0012 steal in 44mag. I looked it over and it was nice. I put it back on in the gun rack and left to think on it. I decided couple of hours later to go back to the store and buy it. Yep it was gone! Next one I will get! Lesson learned! Anyone else want to share their experiences?
Blaine
Posting leader...

Re: snooze you loose

Post by Blaine »

dad wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:36 pm Went by my favorite sports store today. They had a Henry H0012 steal in 44mag. I looked it over and it was nice. I put it back on in the gun rack and left to think on it. I decided couple of hours later to go back to the store and buy it. Yep it was gone! Next one I will get! Lesson learned! Anyone else want to share their experiences?
Some are making the rounds everyday and just buy whatever is there, and will take it to a gun show and double their money. Some call that "capitalism"...I call it gouging... :evil:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I have missed a few good deals by taking too much time making my mind up.... I should have learned my lesson but seldom rush when spending my hard earned cash.. :?
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
wvfarrier
Senior Levergunner

Post by wvfarrier »

I snagged a new Henry 45 colt with side load today after seeing a bunch of others "thinking" on it
A bondservant of our Lord, Christ Jesus
jeepnik
Advanced Levergunner

Post by jeepnik »

I once passed on a Webley Fosbery because it was too expensive. But I did have to feed the kids (should have sold a kid :lol: ). It's worth easily 4 times as much now, and I haven't seen another one in as good a shape since.
Jeepnik AKA "Old Eyes"
"Go low, go slow and preferably in the dark" The old Sarge (he was maybe 24.
"Freedom is never more that a generation from extinction" Ronald Reagan
"Every man should have at least one good rifle and know how to use it" Dad
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Just because your kids are not in good shape is no reason to sell them.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

It is better to lose a good deal, than pay for a bad one. But it seems like there is always 1-2 guns a week i shoulda bought! Todd/3leg
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!
Rockrat
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Rockrat »

Was at a gun show and a fellow a bit ahead of me was looking at a rifle and trying to haggle the dealer down a bunch. Dealer refused to budge (price he had on the gun was a good buy!!) so the fellow kind of slammed the gun back in its box a took one step to leave and the fellow behind him grabbed the gun out of the box and told the dealer he would take it!!. The first guy turned and yelled " hey, I was going to buy that". Dealer just smiled and told him it was too late, you already put it down, it was the second guys deal. First guy just stormed off.

LGS had a NEF rifle in 221 fireball a few weeks ago. I looked at it , thinking that NEF didn't made a 221 FB. Saw where it had been re-lighned/rechambered. Looked like a pretty good job of it too. Fair scope on it. Thought I really didn't need it, so it went back on the shelf. This was late Saturday, just before they closed. Went back Tuesday a few hours after they opened (Closed Sun and Mon.) to get it and it was long gone.

Been at a show , looking at a gun, and someone next to me wants to take it out of my hand to look at it. I was courteous(nieve) one time and the guy handed it to the dealer telling him he would take it. Dealer just looked at me and told me I took my hand off of it, so the other guy gets it. I don't put a gun down or let go of it till I make up my mind if I will get it or not.

Couple of times I have bought a gun at a show, done the paperwork and paid the dealer, when another guy comes up asking if I just bought the gun as he had been "thinking about it" and finally decided to buy it. Dealer just shrugs.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

He who hesitates ... still has cash in his wallet. 8)