Quick range report/ FNX-45

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Quick range report/ FNX-45

Post by 2ndovc »

Made a deal for a lightly used FN FNX-45, .45 ACP a couple of months ago. I had a little time this morning to run out to the range to run a few rounds through it. What a beast of a pistol, fifteen rounds of .45 Auto should solve most undesirable situations.
This one is very magazine sensitive, the ones that came with it are difficult to insert and will not drop free. I also had two FTFs. I'd bought a few new FN magazines and they work perfectly. I'm going to contact FN-USA and see if they will repair of exchange the ones that don't work well. They might just need some good breaking in, I don't think it was fired much. Other that that, it's super pistol.

Two handed hole at 20 yds and 185 gr, Hornady Critical Defense and 25 yds with Hungarian MFS 230 gr FMJs produced similar groups. I'd like to shoot it from a solid rest, when it's not so damp and cold to see what it's capable of. My had loads for my National Match wouldn't cycle the action, but I didn't expect it to. Just wanted to see how it would do with a light target load.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Quick range report/ FNX-45

Post by piller »

I think it still needs breaking in. Looks like a good gun.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 2ndovc »

Possibly, but it doesn't explain why the new magazines work perfectly. Needs a few hundred more rounds through it anyway, that's the fun part.. :D

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
3leggedturtle
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 3leggedturtle »

FN's are the best kept secret in the auto handgun world. I like the higher sights that are on the threaded barrel auto's.
30/30 Winchester: Not accurate enough fer varmints, barely adequate for small deer; BUT In a 10" to 14" barrelled pistol; is good for moose/elk to 200 yards; ground squirrels to 300 metres

250 Savage... its what the 223 wishes it could be...!