OUR GUN CLUB HAS RUN OUT OF.....

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
RIHMFIRE
Advanced Levergunner

OUR GUN CLUB HAS RUN OUT OF.....

Post by RIHMFIRE »

i AM A MEMBER OF A PRETTY BIG GUN CLUB HERE IN FLORIDA.
WE ORDER OUR SUPPLIES, CLAY TARGETS, AMMO, RELOADING COMPONENTS BY THE TRUCK LOAD...AN 18 WHEELER
WE SHOOT MORE THAN A MILLION TARGETS A YEAR....AND WE ARE ONLY OPEN 3 DAYS A WEEK.
I WAS TOLD YESTERDAY, THERE WILL BE NO MORE ORDERING OF AMMO OR COMPONENTS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE....
OUR SUPPLIER ....A VERY WELL KNOWN DISTRIBUTOR....IS OUT OF EVERYTHING

SAVE THE STUFF YOU HAVE!!!
LETS GO SHOOT'N BOYS
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Re: OUR GUN CLUB HAS RUN OUT OF.....

Post by .45colt »

It's funny though We can hardly find shotgun shells anywhere....wally world had 5 boxes of 12 ga shells total yesterday but they have pallets of clay targets for less than $7.00 a box. wish it was the other way around............... :shock: .
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

Funny thing....a few years ago when we had a shortage our communist friends from Russia stepped right up and filled in the gap.

Nothing now.......what's up? Something big on the horizon? I read from several sources NOT to expect anything to change this entire year....

As far as a silver cloud at least I'll have our gunclub to myself this year....
1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

Old No7
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Old No7 »

I'm hearing it's expected to be this bad for at least another year, or longer if the Dems do what we fear they could do... Or maybe even longer due to what they'll do -- that we don't even know about yet...

A part-time dealer at the skeet range yesterday was bragging about how he traded a $350 shotgun (Turkish -- new in box) for 6 full bricks (1,000 ea) of small pistol primers, that the trader probably paid $150 for. But then the dealer sold those to someone in CT on GB for $900 plus shipping..............

I get it... Supply & demand; charge what the buyer is willing to pay, and all that...

But the bragging about it sickened me...

Old No7
"Freedom and the Second Amendment... One cannot exist without the other." © 2000 DTH
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

Last week I was at the only full time sporting goods for 30+ miles. they had 30-30 ammo for $39.00 a box.... Yesterday up at Wally World the had some Winchester 150 grain 30-30's for $17.99. ................. :shock:
marlinman93
Advanced Levergunner

Post by marlinman93 »

I have heard two years at least to get back to where things were before it all shut down. I hope that's wrong, but no telling. The powers that are running things are watching closely at the effects of this shutdown. It's like a big lab experiment, and they want to see how it worked out for them. So far pretty darn good for those trying to control folks like us.
Pre WWI Marlins and Singleshot rifles!
http://members.tripod.com/~OregonArmsCollectors/
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

Some of the discussion ive seen brought up that the worldwide supply chain of raw materials has been affected by slowdowns and lockdowns in various countries, its all the way back in the chain, not just someone trying to choke down ammo. All sorts of production have been affected. Its even hard to find much selection of swords right now.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

If you all want prices to dip and availability restored, you'd best be DELUGING your legislaturds with MASSES of letters DEMANDING they stop pretty much every agenda-item of the Dumbascraps.

We have FAILED to do this for the past 20 years or so, so perhaps it just isn't going to happen ever. :|
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

I stopped by my local gun shop today to put a few buck down on a 60 day hold. They had about 12 boxes of Federal 150 gr. 30-30 in stock for $18.99. Along with Winchester 115 gr. 9mm
for $13.99 a box. No 38 spl. no 357. I pickup a box of 308 Winchester and a small box of cci 22 Long Rifle. They did have a Winchester AE 94 xtr in 7-30 Water's with the 24 inch barrel. It had a cheapo Tasco scope on it. I would say about 95%. They wanted $875.00 for it. All those empty shelves turn my stomach!
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

It is sure sounding ominous. Some fellow who was at the Capitol during the Democrat Party Led Riots was arrested by a Militant SWAT team and the neighbors just watched. The night of broken glass may already be starting.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

At close range, a shotgun is an effective self defense tool.
D. Brian Casady
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Old No7 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:34 pm A part-time dealer at the skeet range yesterday was bragging about how he traded a $350 shotgun (Turkish -- new in box) for 6 full bricks (1,000 ea) of small pistol primers, that the trader probably paid $150 for. But then the dealer sold those to someone in CT on GB for $900 plus shipping....
But the bragging about it sickened me...
Old No7
#7.....it's always been that way throughout the history of mankind....when there's a chance to make money, do it.....look what our government does to us......even the school systems are robbing us blind, reaping billions in taxes and the kids are still home. Where's all that money they are saving on school maintenance, school buses, etc? Look what insurance companies have been doing to us.....they all have been robbing us so just because we are "little people" why is that a reason why we can't legally rob once in a while? :D

Forgot the times over the last half century when droughts hit us and hay for the horses went to $10 a bale and the ones who had it suddenly drove new trucks.....good ole American capitalism. :D -----6

Buck Elliott
Member Emeritus

Post by Buck Elliott »

WE ALL WANTED New Shooters in the game.
Well, we GOT them..
Nobody figured out how to supply US, and THEM, and the Panic Hoarders and Speculator types that come out of the woodwork at times like this..

I'm glad I bought what I did, when I did, slowly and incremenntally. .
Regards

Buck

Life has a way of making the foreseeable that which never happens, and the unforeseeable, that which your life becomes...
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

AJMD429 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:48 pm If you all want prices to dip and availability restored, you'd best be DELUGING your legislaturds with MASSES of letters DEMANDING they stop pretty much every agenda-item of the Dumbascraps.

We have FAILED to do this for the past 20 years or so, so perhaps it just isn't going to happen ever. :|
the sky is falling. the sky is falling. if you don't stop the sky i won't vote for you. the sky is falling . . ,
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

Well, I'd much rather be called a hoarder/bad guy than be a good guy/without ammo any day of the week. Heck, I'm called an ah anyway so I might as well be an ah with 50,000 primers, 200 lb of gunpowder, and a ton of lead, :D my family and friends like me and that's all I pretty much care about.

We have a new group of gun owners who are not necessarily shooters. BIG difference. When even moulds and sizing dies are hard to get, something is up.

Gonna be interesting........----006

piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

That is what I am thinking, too.
D. Brian Casady
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

I'm the guy that would probably give a friend a few of this and a few of that if I had extra. :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
dkmlever
Levergunner 3.0

Post by dkmlever »

I had thought about buying a new rifle this year in a new caliber for me, but after seeing how tough ammo is to buy the heck with adding anything new, I have enough of a stash for what I currently own.
Just out of curiosity I went to midway USA and searched for 30-06 ammo. 116 types EVERY SINGLE one was out of stock! Ok popular round so I searched for 32 Winchester Special, 4 types ALL OUT of stock!

I think we are in for a long drought
Grizz
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Grizz »

i had neglected to buy a firearm for a couple of years and decided to get a little more oomph out of the AR, finally deciding on the 50Beo as the candidate. it was a tussle between that and the 458, which uses the same bullets as my 45/70s do, but i decided to take a flying leap...

when i did, i bought the dies and a stock of 440gr hard lead bullets, and an assortment of others to play with, and a hundred starline brass and maybe a couple other thingamabobs that were available and in stock when i bought the upper. so my 45/70s are set, and my AR50 is set too. good to go. most of that stuff is unobtanium now. now i need a truck . . . :lol:
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

Hornady has been putting out components. I have run across 6mm,6.5mm, 270 , 30 and 35 cal bullets at multiple places when the shelves have been empty for months. I bought 129 gr interlock 6.5mm for $30 a box locally while I see online they wanted $40 a box. Last week I seen a shelf full of 556 Winchester 55 and 62 grainers. My son even came home with some CCI Small Rifle BR primers from a big box store. $5 a hundred. Still in high demand but if you look things are showing up.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Sixgun wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:52 amWe have a new group of gun owners who are not necessarily shooters. BIG difference. When even moulds and sizing dies are hard to get, something is up.

Gonna be interesting........----006
Yep.

Lots of folks “got their gun” and now are proud owner of a S&W Shield, or Ruger LCP, or even a Glock....and one box of FMJ ammo, and a few even “got their AR” and a box or two of ammo. Not sure what they plan to do when it becomes a felony to have a magazine for that Glock that holds 17 rounds, or one for the AR that holds 20 rounds; but then they’ll be told they have to register that AR, but get promised they can keep it...like they got to keep their health insurance and their doctor... :lol:

I wonder how many will believe THAT this time around...
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Everyone is assuming that we will lose the midterms, and the next presidential elections.....But, go ahead, the sky is falling. :lol:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

AJMD429 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:15 pm
I wonder how many will believe THAT this time around...
Most Americans, with the exception of you and me and possibly a few others who have common sense.
Last edited by Sixgun on Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

6pt-sika
Advanced Levergunner

Post by 6pt-sika »

Blaine wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:57 pm I'm the guy that would probably give a friend a few of this and a few of that if I had extra. :idea:
I told a couple guys I’ve been shooting with for close to forty years that I’d help them out a little . And by that I mean sell to them for what it cost me . But when I told them that I meant a pound or two of powder etc not big quantities . And as you might expect one guy wants to buy 8 pounds of this , 4 pounds of that and several thousand primers . As you might expect he won’t get all he wants , well atleast not from me . But I’ll help him a little !
Parkers , Mannlicher Schoenauer’s , 6.5mm's and my family in the Philippines !
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Six,

No help from Russia, Obama turned them off with an Executive Order. Trump did not reverse it either.

6pt,

I've been doing the same around here. Not selling lots, but a brick or a pound can really make a difference for a buddy who got caught short. And that's who's getting mine, buddies. I've got a handful that we all help each other as needed.

My take:

We only have Federal, Winchester, CCI/Speer and Fiocci for components guys. Fiocci is small potatoes for the USA. Remington was supposed to start manning up March 1st. But the real estate development investment group that bought them is having trouble with both the union & the mayor of Ilion. Who knows? They may decide to sell the name, raze the plants and sell the land. We may or may not ever see another Remington component.

With the depth of this shortage I don't think it matters much if we win or loose the mid-terms. Before then Biden will have signed into law some ugly gun control.

It always takes time to recover from a shortage, the deeper it is the longer it takes. At least it has in the four or five I've seen.

If we get a good President in '24 I think it should only take about two years to recover after that. So six years, best case in my opinion.

Cat
Scott Tschirhart
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Scott Tschirhart »

I'm still working through some flats of Russian Large Pistol primers I bought two shortages ago.

It wasn't like this took us by surprise or that we should not have been expecting it. No doom and gloom here......we just need to ride this out.
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

I helped out a relative who got caught short. Her husband works in the oil industry. Boom or bust. The glut of Russian oil caused a lot of job losses. They couldn't get any ammo when things started getting tight. I made sure they have enough.
D. Brian Casady
.45colt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by .45colt »

YES IT'S THE END.................went to wally world and the white flyer clay targets that were $6.99 Monday are on clearance today for $3.00...and the shelf was full of Federal 12ga shells cheaper than I could reload for. I now have enough for the year... :) .
BenT
Advanced Levergunner

Post by BenT »

I actually bought some Remington 9mm ammo 2 weeks ago. Vista outdoors bought the Remington Arkansas ammo plant with all naming rights for $80 million. They are back up to 800 employees. Not sure if they will be sending reloading components our way but I know Federal Ammunition stated that they had enough heavy metals for 2 years of ammo production at the Remington facility. I am sure it took a while to train the employees and get the facility inline with Federals processes. But Remington ammunition will be starting filling the void.
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

People should not take other people word for word on what they write. Yes, I have friends who know they don't even have to ask me and can stop over and I'll GIVE them a thousand primers, ammo, or whatever they need.

The thing is that everyone I know has as much as me and more in some cases. I usually don't fool much with people who are small potatoes in the gun world...it just works out that way..the same way a yacht owner isn't going to hang around a person who has a rowboat.

My daughter stopped over a year or so ago and asked me for a handgun...I showed her what she could take and I said, "take your pick". She picked out a like NIB nickel plated Colt Detective Spl that was 50 years old.....

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

What a prince.... :D

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Catshooter
Levergunner 3.0

Post by Catshooter »

Six,

Now that's a daughter with class!

Cat
mickbr
Levergunner 3.0

Post by mickbr »

, question in 2 years will we be able to afford anything even if it's back on the market. Folks just can't grasp the ramifications of these shutdowns and stimulus/ money burning shams. Every month down bought us a year of recession or depression. No crash this time, just taxation and inflation.