Big Loop Levers converting them to fit

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Bearskinner
Levergunner 2.0

Big Loop Levers converting them to fit

Post by Bearskinner »

I wanted to get a big loop lever for a straight stock 1895 marlin, but none available. Searching around, Numrich gun parts Corp has Stainless pistol grip levers ( 1895,336 the same part number) for $52. Each.
Pulling apart a pistol grip and straight stock, comparing levers, pinned them thru the pivot. They just need a little heat, a little hammer and dolly work, fits great. Then took a dremmel with a small barrel sander. Took off all the edges, and totally rounded them off, hit with a scotch brite pad and done.
I put a roll pin thru the pivot, and clamped into a vice before heating.shaped to fit the straight stock. Make sure to water quench to keep the steel hard.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“YOU CAN’T SHOOT A BIG ONE IF YOU SHOOT A LITTlE ONE FIRST”
OldWin
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Big Loop Levers converting them to fit

Post by OldWin »

Nice work. I've never had an oversize lever. You obviously really wanted one. :D
Looks like quite a job.
"Oh bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Pretty cool.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Bearskinner
Levergunner 2.0

Post by Bearskinner »

I’m sure I’m not the only one, that can’t get my big hand to fit a stock lever. Try it with gloves on! $52. And an hours time is better than ordering one for $178.
“YOU CAN’T SHOOT A BIG ONE IF YOU SHOOT A LITTlE ONE FIRST”
J Miller
Member Emeritus

Post by J Miller »

I believe Pitchy did a similar modification to his 1895 Marlin. Although it's been a few years ago perhaps a search would find the thread.

Joe
***Be sneaky, get closer, bust the cap on him when you can put the ball where it counts ;) .***
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

That should feel really good in the hand, no leather wrap needed!!! -Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
765x53
Senior Levergunner

Post by 765x53 »

CowboyTutt wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:35 pm That should feel really good in the hand, no leather wrap needed!!! -Tutt
Unless you have arthritis in your knuckles. The rap they get from that distance for a quick follow-up shot, can be painful.