Does Anyone Use A Tens Belt?

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Does Anyone Use A Tens Belt?

Post by Blaine »

Does it work for you? :idea:
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
2ndovc
Advanced Levergunner

Re: Does Anyone Use A Tens Belt?

Post by 2ndovc »

Blondie has one and she uses it quite often, says it helps but not a lasting relief. All those years of working in a bank and wearing high heels really caught up to her a few years ago.
She's tried several different therapies but the only thing that really helps is a prescription for pain killers.

jb 8)
jasonB " Another Dirty Yankee"

" Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

TENS works for some, but not for everyone. Best that I can tell you is to try it.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Blaine, I don't have a belt, just the two patch/electrodes and the control unit. I agree the relief is real but for me it is pretty much gone by the time I have put the machine away. It might work great for you. I know some folks wear them all day at work and do fine with them.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

We use these fairly often. The 'interferential' setting is amazing.

https://www.zynex.com/products/nexwave/

They are inexpensive and typically covered by insurance (if your physician orders one).

I've used one myself, and was very happy with it. Last year I'd not have been able to get into my deer stand without it.

The only annoyance was that my electronic hearing protectors picked up the 'ping' from the unit, so I had to listen to the little 'ping' if I turned up the amplification... :D
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:07 pm .

We use these fairly often. The 'interferential' setting is amazing.

https://www.zynex.com/products/nexwave/

They are inexpensive and typically covered by insurance (if your physician orders one).

I've used one myself, and was very happy with it. Last year I'd not have been able to get into my deer stand without it.

The only annoyance was that my electronic hearing protectors picked up the 'ping' from the unit, so I had to listen to the little 'ping' if I turned up the amplification... :D
Do you know of any that the electrodes are in a belt I can put on? Those sticky pads have never been much use to me, they are always falling off.

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Dunno, but you could either put a wrap over the electrodes, or if you have a belt-electrode system and can splice the wires, I don't see any reason you couldn't use them. Placement is important, and in particular if you use interferential, but what you're wanting to do should be possible.
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Doc, thanks for posting that link. That device looks way more useful than the basic TENS unit I have had for years.
Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Looking at their product line, I realize my neurosurgeon prescribed their Aspen back brace more than a year ago. It has helped. Blaine, take a look at it.
Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

AJMD429 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:11 am Dunno, but you could either put a wrap over the electrodes, or if you have a belt-electrode system and can splice the wires, I don't see any reason you couldn't use them. Placement is important, and in particular if you use interferential, but what you're wanting to do should be possible.
:lol: I was going over the literature and they said it was not recommended to attach too close to one's genitals... :lol: :roll:

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
DAV
Malamute
Member Emeritus

Post by Malamute »

I have a tens, it does help tremendously when I get bad pain and spasms, which is fairly often. I go through cycles of using it A LOT, then the pads irritate my skin and I take a break for a while. I go through a 9v battery in about a day and a half on average when I use it, (I buy the packs of 10 or whatever at Home depot) and I also use it at night when im in a lot of pain, again, which is often. I tape over the pads with two strips of paper medical tape thats supposed to be kinder to your skin, the 1" wide I thing and extending past the pads 1 1/2 to 2" each end of the tape, and tape the wires in place over my shoulder so they dont get in trouble, then put the unit in a shirt, vest or pants pocket depending on season. The belt clip is basically useless, I replaced it with a D ring and clip and sometimes wear it on a neck lanyard if I dont have other pockets handy, like when sleeping.

The worst part is its hard for me to reach the spots that hurt the most to get the pads and tape right, but I can manage to get them off the next day when I remove them. Some pads disintegrate in super hot and humid conditions, Ive had the glue turn to slime on a few. They replaced them though. Buy the pads in bulk online and keep spare wires on hand. I can use them about 3-5 days at a time then have to take a few days off.

Be sure you have good pad contact before getting dressed, once in a while they dont make good contact and it stings. I use the pads as long as possible, and if they get left out in the air they dry out. Some warm tap water on the tip of your finger gets the pad adhesive back to operational again.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -Theodore Roosevelt-

Isnt it amazing how many people post without reading the thread?
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Bill in Oregon wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:22 am Looking at their product line, I realize my neurosurgeon prescribed their Aspen back brace more than a year ago. It has helped. Blaine, take a look at it.
Yep - I wore an Aspen brace over the Zynex, and the combination was impressive.
We still keep an Aspen at the office - people who've tried "back braces" and didn't like them try the Aspen on and immediately want to order one. Too bad we don't make any money off them...!

Bill in Oregon
Advanced Levergunner

Post by Bill in Oregon »

Malamute, thanks for sharing your extensive experience in detail. Perhaps I have not given the TENS unit a fair trial for my lumbar pain. It occurs to me that it would make the whole shebang more comfortable if I shaved my lower back as it is not all that much fun pulling off those pads.
Doc, I agree the Aspen is a whole 'nother kettle o' fish compared to the other back braces I have worn. People look at me funny when I wear it to the grocery store, though. :lol:
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

Who cares what people think about your back brace? They are not the ones needing it.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

I always wear a sweater in the winter or an untucked ‘polo shirt’ in the summer, so I don’t think anyone ever realized when I had the back brace on or not.