Best belt I’ve ever bought...

Welcome to the Leverguns.Com Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here ... politely.

Moderators: AmBraCol, Hobie

Forum rules
Welcome to the Leverguns.Com General Discussions Forum. This is a high-class place so act respectable. We discuss most anything here other than politics... politely.

Please post political post in the new Politics forum.
AJMD429
Posting leader...

Best belt I’ve ever bought...

Post by AJMD429 »

These are amazing. Sturdy yet comfortable. Super secure.
0EF33A57-98C6-4041-9020-247276CFA894.jpeg
https://www.bluealphabelts.com/product/hybrid-edc-belt/

They are very rigid in the vertical plane, so they don’t develop the ‘droop’ leather belts get. They are NOT like nylon rifle slings; you buckle one into a circle and hold it out and it will stay horizontal like a basketball hoop. ‘Gear’ thus doesn’t pull down locally; the weight distributes all around.

I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed in one of these.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
piller
Posting leader...

Re: Best belt I’ve ever bought...

Post by piller »

How do they work with the scrubs you can buy that have belt loops?
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
gamekeeper
Spambot Zapper

Post by gamekeeper »

I do not doubt that they are excellent belts but all my belts have to have a message up front... :D
IMG_20210312_085253.jpg
Click to enlarge image.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
If more men loved and cherished their wives as much as I love bacon the world would be a much better place.
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Ah, so they don't conform to your body.
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

AJMD429
Posting leader...

Post by AJMD429 »

Old Savage wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:55 am Ah, so they don't conform to your body.
All I know is that my back no longer is bothered if I spend the day with all my ‘gear’ on. My leather belts over the years never were that comfortable.

I carry a phone/cpr mask holder, a spare mag and multi tool holder, a full-size firearm, an otoscope/reflex hammer/Rx-pad holder, and a key keeper, and this belt distributes all that so well I can barely tell I’m wearing anything other than just pants.
Doctors for Sensible Gun Laws
"first do no harm" - gun control LAWS lead to far more deaths than 'easy access' ever could.

Want REAL change? . . . . . "Boortz/Nugent in 2012 . . . ! "
Old Savage
Posting leader...

Post by Old Savage »

Well Doc, after 45 years in the chiro end of care, rehab, A/A, Workers Comp, golf, football, mountain biking, tennis, skiing etc. .... if it works for you ... do it, no one size fits all. ;-)
In the High Desert of Southern Calif. ..."on the cutting edge of going back in time"...

Blaine
Posting leader...

Post by Blaine »

Very much like the Army nylon web belts we used when we set up our Load Bearing Equipment w/Alice pack. With the shoulder harness, it was pretty easy to carry around 60 pounds.
When I retired from the Army in '92, I set one up just for hunting to include two 1 gallon water jugs, and enough stuff to work with and eat for a couple days, if necessary.

This was just a light load for a day hunt for bear in the Olympics Mts.....That was maybe 10 years ago.
The Rotten Fruit Always Hits The Ground First

Proud Life Member Of:
NRA
Second Amendment Foundation
Citizens Committee For The Right To Keep And Bear Arms
DAV
piller
Posting leader...

Post by piller »

When set up right, the LBE distributed the weight all around and made it seem lighter than what it was. It sounds as if this belt is doing the same for the Doc.
D. Brian Casady
Quid Llatine Dictum Sit, Altum Viditur.
Advanced is being able to do the basics while your leg is on fire---Bill Jeans
Don't ever take a fence down until you know why it was put up---Robert Frost
CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

I have never been able to find a leather belt that doesn't sag under firearm weight particularly with my heavy revolver guns. While I don't own one of these, they seemed an obvious choice for everyday carry. I am on the phone with them now to order one of them. Will report back.
https://gunbelts.com/tactical-riggers-belt
-A-
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)
-Monte Walsh (Selleck version)

"These battered wings still kick up dust." -Peter Gabriel
JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

CowboyTutt wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 5:54 pm I have never been able to find a leather belt that doesn't sag under firearm weight particularly with my heavy revolver guns. While I don't own one of these, they seemed an obvious choice for everyday carry. I am on the phone with them now to order one of them. Will report back.
https://gunbelts.com/tactical-riggers-belt
-A-
Hey Cowboy Tutt,
Have you tried Yoder belt's. I purchased one with the metal lining between two parts of leather sown together. It has yet to sag, even when I wear it slightly loose.
I've only carried a Sig P228 and a Colt lightweight commander so far. I need to order a O.W.B. holster for my S&W 66-2 4 inch barrel. I'm sure the belt will hold up to the weight of the S&W. It's stiff and takes some getting use to.
Sixgun
Posting leader...
Location: S.E. Pa. Where The Finest Winchesters & Colts Reside

Post by Sixgun »

I had an Amish leatherworker, who was famous for making holsters and other cowboy leather goods make this up for me.....we were bs'en one day at a match .....probably 25 years ago and I asked him if he could make one up to my specs. He tells me he never made one with a zipper before but sure he could. I slipped him a Ben and it came in the mail a month later....I liked it so much I had him make me another, which is still new and unused. This one holds $4,000 comfortably.

Never tried it on dress clothes as I don't wear those things as it needs wide loops on quality jeans, not the $9.99 ones from Walmart.-----006

1st. Gen. Colt SAA’s, 1878 D.A.45 and a 38-55 Marlin TD

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

JOG, no never even heard of Yoder but the Big Foot belts are also leather with spring steel sandwiched in the middle. The tactical belt I ordered from them actually has 2 layers of steel and is their strongest belt. They claim its the only belt of its type so far. I also have one of these already. Its a beast.

https://safelifedefense.com/product/tactical-belt/

-Tutt
"It ain't dead! As long as there's ONE COWBOY taking care of ONE COW, it ain't dead!!!" (the Cowboy Way)

CowboyTutt
Advanced Levergunner

Post by CowboyTutt »

Six, that's a clever idea. I like it! -Tutt

JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Tutt, Yoder is a Amish Leather maker.
Hey Six, Now that's a real money belt!
Great Idea when your headed to a gun show carrying a big wad of cash!
Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

This "Yoder" guy your talking about......maybe it's the same family as it was Dennis Yoder who made mine but he passed over the Great Divide some 10 years or more ago. Are they located in Lancaster, Pa?..never mind, I'll look.

Sixgun
Posting leader...

Post by Sixgun »

CowboyTutt wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:37 pm Six, that's a clever idea. I like it! -Tutt
Thanks Tutt....but keep in mind I'm semi old and your still a youngster so that means that most people don't have it all figured out until they are in their later years.......

As I don't use no plastic I lost quite a bit of money before I decided to get that belt....wisdom...

Old guys sit around and ask each other if they had the chance would they do it all over again...without hesitation, they all said "heck no"......"well, maybe if I could start with my current knowledge" :D ---006

JOG
Levergunner 3.0

Post by JOG »

Sixgun wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:12 pm This "Yoder" guy your talking about......maybe it's the same family as it was Dennis Yoder who made mine but he passed over the Great Divide some 10 years or more ago. Are they located in Lancaster, Pa?..never mind, I'll look.
I think so Six, I would have to find there web site to be 100%.